Valued Contributor

Re: Yay ! Found a Tupperware sales table

I've hung on to a lot of my Tupperware. I'm still using my salt and pepper shakers like the ones in Sharke's photo.  They have to be nearly 20 years old by now.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I hate to toot my own horn, but, that pink is so pretty. Wish I could find lipstick and a top that color. My fav color.

Like in  Southwestern jewelry my fav color is rhodrocrosite not turquoise

il_794xN.1798850522_fzul.jpg

Respected Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

yeah, everything has to evolve to keep up with the times.

Has to be dishwasher safe, microwavable safe, on and on like that.

I 've been looking for stuff like that every time we go out on a Sat. to a craft/flea market. Community sidewalk sale ,stuff like that.

I grew with Watkins, Tupperware and that line of household mops and brooms forget now their name.

I can also put popcorn in that Tupperware bowl and what I don't eat he can take to work for a snack. He retires the 20th, so, after that 

cid_00a101c73f17d70d4fc06402a8c0LAPTOP.gif

I believe the mop and broom folks were Fuller Brush?  I know the Fuller brush man used to come door to door. I think that’s what my mom bought from him. Boy those were the days...letting a stranger into the house!  Now I don’t even answer the door unless I know you 

Honored Contributor

Right on both counts my friend.

I had a kid and a dog on a leash show up at my front door. Poor boy around 10 was crying like a banshee and saying "I'm lost and I don't have a phone" tears running down his face. 

I looked both ways to see if there was somebody around the corner of my house to see if the boy was just a prop and grown man(men) was fixin' to pop out and charge the front door. When I figured the poor little fellow was telling the truth and husband was home, too, then I ran and got him a phone and had him to call his people, they came and got him and the mutt.

I'm ashamed to say it was so ludicrous that a kid  now days didn't have his own phone to call for help I doubted his story.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I still have the shorter burpable orange, yellow and gold containers pictured here.  (Haha. No avocado or brown). My grandmother gave them to me in the 70s for my “hope chest”. Although I don’t use them often, it reminds me of a simpler time and one of the few gifts I got from my grandma.  It’s one of those things I can’t seem to part with.  This post made me smile.

Valued Contributor

Do women still have Tupperware parties, or do you buy it direct via some website? My last at home party was a Pampered Chef and that was years ago. Maybe women have no time these days for parties. Times have changed. 

Honored Contributor

I have ordered from their website, but, shp. can be expensive. I needed a spaghetti keeper and couldn't find one to save my soul, so, I bit the bullet and ordered one online.

Why when I went to a area flea market and saw this chick and she had a pretty good collection I turned loose. LOL