Honored Contributor

That 13 piece tri-ply set is pretty good. It's nearly the same set at the same price as Williams Sonoma has since they have the lasagna and hot mitts as a free bonus. I'm not buying it as I have All-Clad d5 but it's a nice set if anyone needs a new set of tri-ply. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

Re: Wow QVC has All-Clad now

It looks like a great set for someone who wants very high-quality cookware pieces that will last forever.

I just hope that it doesn't end up garnering a bunch of bad reviews from people used to only using nonstick.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

I wonder if it's really the same as what W-S has or if it's a "made for QVC" set of lesser quality.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

It looks like a great set for someone who wants very high-quality cookware pieces that will last forever.

I just hope that it doesn't end up garnering a bunch of bad reviews from people used to only using nonstick.

Well, you know that's going to happen, unfortunately. 

New Contributor

I am so excited QVC has All-Clad!!!  My husband and I treated outselves to a set of All-Clad cookware for Christmas.  I am ***amazed*** at how nice and even the food cooks. We were surprised at how easily it cleans up! We were a little concerned that food would stick since it isn't coated with Teflon or something. Nothing sticks, it cleans up so quickly and easily!  The cookware is nice and heavy, you can feel the quality.  We also bought an All-Clad slow cooker that is equally amazing.  We LOVE All-Clad!!!

Honored Contributor

@Nicknack wrote:

I wonder if it's really the same as what W-S has or if it's a "made for QVC" set of lesser quality.

All-Clad try-ply is sold by many different stores. 

Honored Contributor

@FanOfQ wrote:

I am so excited QVC has All-Clad!!!  My husband and I treated outselves to a set of All-Clad cookware for Christmas.  I am ***amazed*** at how nice and even the food cooks. We were surprised at how easily it cleans up! We were a little concerned that food would stick since it isn't coated with Teflon or something. Nothing sticks, it cleans up so quickly and easily!  The cookware is nice and heavy, you can feel the quality.  We also bought an All-Clad slow cooker that is equally amazing.  We LOVE All-Clad!!!

Some things will stick, especially if the person has never cooked with clad stainless before. Let's not fool anyone here. There is a method to successfully cooking in bare stainless. It needs to be preheated and you need to add oil or a fat if dry cookinga food with no natural fat. You can't use it like teflon pans and just dump food in a cold pan and let it all heat up together, unless you want it to stick. 

Trusted Contributor

LOVE LOVE LOVE my all-clad.  The set they are showing is actually a pretty good price, especially with the free shipping.  If anyone has a TJMaxx, Marshall's or Homegoods nearby check there first for individual pieces. My area always has pieces in stock.   I have purchased all of mine there for more than half off retail price.  I prefer buying stock pieces instead of complete sets so I can tailor my set for my individual needs.

Honored Contributor

I think that for those who love cooking, these pans would be perfect. But I do think it's wise also to have at least a couple of nonstick pans. I would say at a minimum -- a nonstick saucepan and a nonstick skillet. There are just some foods that are so much easier to cook in nonstick.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

@suzyQ3, I totally agree, a couple non sticks are neccessary..I really like a ceramic nonstick especially for eggs...