Honored Contributor

It's interesting reading the different opinions about why some think it's a good value and some  don't and why some would rather cook their own and others are glad not to have to cook.  Would be nice if everyone enjoyed reading about this and not attacking another poster for their  viewpoint.   

Trusted Contributor

I can go to the local butcher and get the same turkey breast for much less. Herb butter is very easy to make, and if you make a large batch, it can be frozen. The sides are ridiculously priced. I just looked at the sides without the turkey breast, and they are being sold for $52 for mashed potatoes and macaroni? Come on Martha. 

Youre paying for for the convenience, but you still have to cook the darn thing.

Even with a butcher shop turkey breast, I can make an entire dinner for under $100. With more sides, that are FRESH, and with less sodium too.

Trusted Contributor

@dal23 wrote:

@TenderMercies wrote:

@dal23 wrote:

@TenderMercies wrote:

@dal23 wrote:

@lousgirl84 wrote:

Ii think it’s a fabulous deal.  By the time you buy all the ingredients and prepare them and try finding g a  turkey breast of this quality in any store  msybe Whole Foods or a similar store, you would be hard pressed to make this meal for $100.  

Right - the four cheeses alone for the Mac & Cheese would probably be at least $25.  If you're cooking for a huge group, then it's not a good value, but if you'd like a gournmet meal for a few, I don't think it's so outrageous.  (Though I will say that our family often does free range farm to table turkeys, and to be honest, the Butterballs are always much more moist.)

Considering the cost of ingredients at the grocery store, you may be able to justify paying $25 for the mac and cheese or the spinach, but there’s no way the mashed potatoes or dressing would cost that much to make yourself.  

Also, wherever you’re buying your turkey breast, it’s not going to cost $11 per pound, even if it’s organic, which this is not.  

If you want to replicate this experience and save money, you should definitely buy your own turkey breast, and if you want to buy the sides, you should get the mac and cheese and spinach or just make the other sides yourself.

Yeah, absolutely, if you want to do Thanksgiving dinner economically, then shop at the grocery store and cook yourself - you aren't the target customer for this product.  I'm just saying that for people who value their time and convenience, and would like to feed a small group of people, it's not an outrageous price.  It's still way less than going out to eat.  (And If you were to buy a farm fresh BONELESS turkey breast, all the fresh herbs and fruits for the herb butter, the cherries for the stuffing and the cheeses for the mac & cheese, you'd be getting up there in cost - at least where I live anyway)

@dal23  You are not saving time or conveniencing yourself by buying this turkey breast unless you are home bound.  It comes the same way you'd buy any turkey breast in the store.  There is no justification for paying $11/pound because of a little herbed butter which you can also purchase in the store.  A family sized, 2lb package of Bob Evans mashed potatoes is under $6.  Add your own spoonful of cream cheese.  When you consider that the manufacturers who make these sides are buying the ingredients in massive bulk, each of those side dishes probably costs about $1- $2 to make.  Just make sure you get those $25 mashed potatoes today, as they'll probably be up to $30 tomorrow.  

"TenderMercies" - I'm not buying the TSV, I just don't think it's up to me to decide how other people should spend their money.  And I certainly can't imagine being put out by what other people decide to do for their own Thanksgiving holidays.

I’m not telling anyone how to spend their money.  I’m just pointing out when there’s no logic behind the various reasons that people are using to justify this purchase.  I’m not put out by anything or how anyone celebrates their holiday.  I’m just pointing out the nonsense.  Don’t go into a room full of people and announce that 1+1=3, and expect that someone isn’t going to tell you you’re wrong.  

Esteemed Contributor

There isn't anything on this earth or in the heavens above that would ever in a million years entice me to purchase anything from that woman.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it's unkind.

Trusted Contributor

Fantastic.  Now using logic and math to help others make smart shopping choices is tantamount to being a troll.  

Honored Contributor

Never ceases to amaze me how some people fail to understand that not everyone spends their time and resources the same way, then decided to feel superior about it.

What's the point in that?  

Super Contributor

I thought the price was a typo!! In fact I still think it is!  Is it? It can't be real. You can get all that for under $40.00 for sure!!

Honored Contributor

Re: Wow, Martha -

[ Edited ]

The turkey IMO looks pressed/rolled (deli department), not like real turkey.  I will view the video again.

Trusted Contributor

@Daysdee wrote:

It's interesting reading the different opinions about why some think it's a good value and some  don't and why some would rather cook their own and others are glad not to have to cook.  Would be nice if everyone enjoyed reading about this and not attacking another poster for their  viewpoint.   

Yes, and some people just like to argue for the sake of it.   And they just can't seem to let it go.   So tiresome.

Where is that "ignore" button, QVC????   It would make reading the forum so much more pleasant.