Honored Contributor

I hadn't ordered food items for years. I  did try an order recently from HSN.  Okay, but definitely not worth the price.  I can use InstaCart and order from local store and get meat just as good and  I can buy one or two steaks or whatever item and don't have to have freezer space for 10 or 12.  Guess too much boredom with staying in all the time and I see too many demos on QVC and HSN.  I would not pay $50. for two chickens either.  

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I don't know why anyone would order any sort of food from TV.  Don't you have local stores that provide food???  Cannot believe that what QVC/HSN sells is any better than local products.  Am I wrong????

Honored Contributor

Those I saw only weigh 3 lbs each.  How much is meat, how much bone?

I can get small chickens for 99 cents a pound.  

Wealthy can afford to buy 20 of them, but they're still being taken to the cleaners.  

Honored Contributor

@nana59 wrote:

can i put those chickens in my 'gift' closet?!

@nana59 

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 the best!!!!  Might smell it up but I'll get a few!!! Like they suggested send a "few" to friends who can't get to store...yeah right...and maybe the lobsters for $300 I'll send just "because" gift...

these sales ploys make me laugh, then again, if I had excess $$$ I might😉

and to think today I moaned that boneless chicken breasts were $4.99/lb🙄🤔🤷‍♀️

Esteemed Contributor

QVC offers items, including food for sale and it's up to the individual to choose to buy or not.  If someone wants to spend $50 on two chickens it's their business not mine. Maybe it's a way to send dinner to aging parents. We get the same type of comments on clothing prices all the time.  Gourmet foods are hugely popular on line, most pretty expensive, and there is even a site that can get all sorts of items from small businesses and family restaurants all over the country. QVC is obviously filling a need and by the way, the chickens are on waitlist so people are buying.  Your lifestyle, your money your choices, your business and no explanations needed.     

Esteemed Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@noodleann 

Sorry, but at that price they need to do more than sing and dance....maybe if they were delivered, cooked and served by Magic MIke and the Chippendale dancers.... maybe.

@KingstonsMom Chicken served by the Chippendale dancers?

Breast Cancer Topic: June 2014 Surgery Sisters

@ECBG,  not to be picky but wouldn't they be the ChippenDAME dancers?

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

@Marp wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@noodleann 

Sorry, but at that price they need to do more than sing and dance....maybe if they were delivered, cooked and served by Magic MIke and the Chippendale dancers.... maybe.

@KingstonsMom Chicken served by the Chippendale dancers?

Breast Cancer Topic: June 2014 Surgery Sisters

@ECBG,  not to be picky but wouldn't they be the ChippenDAME dancers?

@Marp Who knows?????Smiley HappySmiley HappySmiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@mspatmac wrote:

QVC offers items, including food for sale and it's up to the individual to choose to buy or not.  If someone wants to spend $50 on two chickens it's their business not mine. Maybe it's a way to send dinner to aging parents. We get the same type of comments on clothing prices all the time.  Gourmet foods are hugely popular on line, most pretty expensive, and there is even a site that can get all sorts of items from small businesses and family restaurants all over the country. QVC is obviously filling a need and by the way, the chickens are on waitlist so people are buying.  Your lifestyle, your money your choices, your business and no explanations needed.     

@mspatmac 

Of course- just to most the prices are surprising ME included!  The only food I've

been tempted to buy is Jimmy the Baker cinnamon buns but 1) don't need 12 and 2) even though they freeze for 3 months --I know they'd be eaten by me way before😉

Respected Contributor

@Sunnycorle   Any retailer can charge "whatever the traffic will bear".  Don't like the price?  Don't buy the product.  Simple or complex as that.

Respected Contributor

My husband just made a rotisserie chicken on the grill over the weekend. Maybe cost $5. We bought two chicken and I made roast chicken last night. $10 and we had delicious dinners. 
I always laugh when people say if people will pay it who cares and such. Like we don't know this info. The in defense of expensive chicken folks. Better known as DOECF