Valued Contributor

Would like to purchase my first set of Lock & Lock

I would like to know what set all of the Lock & Lock fans use the most or recommend before I purchase.   I have had it with all my storage sets. They are terrible looking and don't seal.  I know there are a lot of people that can help, and I appreciate any help and opinions!!!  

Woman Very Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Would like to purchase my first set of Lock & Lock

I would suggest a set of nestable bowls....that's how my addiction started!

Respected Contributor

@nana59 wrote:

I would suggest a set of nestable bowls....that's how my addiction started!

Second the nestables.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Honored Contributor

My favorite sets are my round bowls that nest inside each other and square stackables.   The bowls I use most are the cereal size, as they are always the ones I reach for to store leftovers, and the ones my teacher daughter takes her lunch in.  I have 3 sets of the pantry size storage containers that hold pasta, crackers, and cereal.   

I strongly suggest you never ever put these containers in the microwave, as hot liquid will melt, and etch the plastic permanently.  If used as a mixing bowl, electric beaters will scratch the insides of the bowl.   If you freeze food in the containers, let them warm up before trying to lift the flaps, as they snap off easily if forced.   

Respected Contributor

I bought my first set of Lock & Lock containers during a TSV about a year or so ago. I threw out all my old containers and love these. The TSV had four of each round, square and oblong - all nestable. My cupboard is now so neat!  I don't ever put them in the microwave and have always hand washed them. If they ever retain a food odor, I sprinkle a little automatic dishwasher powder in, add some warm water and let sit for about a half hour then rinse well with hot water and the odor is gone. 

Honored Contributor

The only lock n lock products I have are their gallon & 1/2 gallon containers.  I use the 1/2 gallon container for milk & the gallon container for ice tea & lemonaid.

Then I discovered OXO & never looked back.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Contributor

I've had many sets of lock and lock, but had to cut back because the storage became hard to manage.  I recommend the sets that one size lid fits any of the various sized bottoms... such as rectangle that have same size top but some are deeper than others [K44651].  There is a square set that comes with long and short bottoms.  I can't find that exact set, but there's another that also includes rounds [K45275]. 

My first set was various sizes that nested, which was nice.  But I rarely put them all together for storage since I'd be using one or two and got tired of taking it apart and putting it back together to store. These sets have a smaller footprint if you take the time to put them together with lids.  Now I stack the containers, and store the lids together and I don't have to dig to find which one matches because any one will go with the container I use. 

Honored Contributor

my fav are the nestable style. I like the lids are interchangeable and easy to store.

I bought a TSV which had great sizes and they all fit in larger containers.

I have the zen set (great sizes) and rectangles. I find with my frig (French door) the squares/rectangular work better for space.

i have a set of nestable bowls.  I don't have many leftovers so I use them for different things.

Super Contributor

I would buy the glass storage set on sale at Costco this month.  The question of BHT or toxic plastic stuff has never been addressed by Lock and Lock.  I have quite a bit of it and keep screws, nails and lug nuts in the containers, just not food.  L n L also stains

if you refrig & micro marinara sauce etc. so no

Valued Contributor

I was looking at the nestables and it looks like they are in the lead!  I knew I would get some good info on the boards.