Contributor

Wondering if I should contact corporate....

I am pretty upset after purchasing the most recent Keurig Platinum Plus TSV and after it went into 'processing', it went into a 'backorder' status. Usually that's pretty dependable that you'll get the item, but this time it was cancelled by QVC after only days of going into backorder status. I was upset since I ordered the cinnamon and that color didn't sell out or even go on waitlist for almost a week after the TSV day. Then about a week ago, after the TSV being completely sold out, I was looking at the different Keurig selections and came across the TSV being offered in an 'as is' status. They had every color, so I quickly ordered my cinnamon and was thrilled. The cinnamon, once again, did not sell out right away and was one of the last ones to go. Now, for a second time, my order has gone into backorder status and I'm pretty disappointed to say the least. How can my order not process when I ordered way before it sold out not once, but twice, and was even available after I did? If this order is cancelled on me again, would you suggest I call corporate and ask QVC to make amends on not one, but two cancelled orders? I just think this is outrageous since they were available for quite awhile AFTER I ordered mine, so I don't really think there is any excuse. What would you do if this were you? Thanks for any opinions you might have.

Lynn Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Re: Wondering if I should contact corporate....

Personally I would cancel and purchase one from Costco. If anything goes wrong, they will replace it. That is what I did....

Respected Contributor

Same thing happened to me on the TSV this past Sunday. I loved my Keurig and it broke after about three years. Was thrilled to see the cinnamon and ordered it. Went to check order status on another item and it said the Keurig was an advanced order, not to ship until Feb 17. They never mention that during the presentation. That made me really mad.

Honored Contributor

Somebody's inventory records are wrong. I have no idea how you know if it's a Keurig error or a Q error. Someone is listing availability when it's not a vailable.

You don't say anything about chatting with a CS rep - I always start there because lots of times they have some info. If not, I ask to be tossed upstairs.

As for getting the Cinnamon - I've never even seen it except at the Q. Red you can get elsewhere and certainly the basic colors and Costco is good for that, but I love that cinnamon and if I were looking for a Keurig, that would be one of my choices.

Honored Contributor

Yes, I would contact corporate. You at least deserve an explanation and an apology.

I'd also be dubious about ordering something so recent that's ended up in "As Is". Don't get me wrong; I've ordered a lot from the "As Is" section (mostly jewelry) and never gotten a bad item. But something like an appliance might make me think twice about why it's ended up there. The Keurig is a big item and will cost more to send back, if something about it is unacceptable to you (as opposed to just downright defective - then QVC will still pay return shipping, even on "As Is").

Contributor

millieshops, I did call CS right after the first one was cancelled and she said she didn't know why that happened and agreed to make a notation to give me the TSV price and easypay should it come back in stock. When it happened the second time yesterday evening, I called CS again, and the woman said there must have been a problem with quality control or something wrong with machine and that's why they didn't process it. Really??? Seriously??? Isn't that something they're supposed to do BEFORE they put it out there for sale?

Trusted Contributor

They are 'selling' stock that do not yet have. What other possible reason could there be for advertising, and taking orders for an item? It's dishonest. If they said it was advance order during the presentation, fine, but if they made it sound as if the item was in stock and ready to be shipped-it's deception.

Esteemed Contributor

Something similar happened to me with something I ordered on HSN a few years ago. It was a Today's Special, and I ordered it by phone less than 5 minutes into the first presentation at midnight. And my order went through. I then waited patiently for it to arrive, assuming I was all set. Ten days later I got a recorded phone call, telling me it had sold out.

I called back to speak to a real person and and asked how that was possible. I knew the product had been presented throughout the rest of the day with no mention of it being sold out until many hours later. They had no answer. It was sold out, that was all they could tell me. So apparently I was wrong to think that when I ordered at 12:05 am and got a confirmation number that one had been set aside for me.

I haven't ordered from them since. I far prefer to give my business to companies that I feel I can trust. I buy online all the time, and have had no trouble finding companies who know what they're doing and value their customers. Kiss

Honored Contributor

On this same thought, I was watching a live show on t.v. but on the actual page of the item. On t.v. they said all these colors were available. On the actual page, it showed 3 of 5 colors on "waitlist". Long ago, if it was on waitlist, it didn't get ordered by me. Thought that was weird.

Honored Contributor

Relax and just go buy your Keurig elsewhere. Life is too short for unnecessary stress.

"Pure Michigan"