Honored Contributor

Re: Wolfgang was on yesterday

@dex wrote:

@SharkE@Our family all purchased the ninja air fryer...we looooove it.It isn’t too big and easy to clean.We haven’t made a bad thing in it yet.

yeah, girl that blowed out the door alright today. If I'd buy one I'd have to get rid of 2 NuWave's. I give to much stuff away as is.

Looks like one machine that does it all without buying 2-3 machines to begin with.

@dex

deadoralivetumbleweed.gif

Honored Contributor

@SharkELOL...you do love to cook and bake from what I’ve read so you deserve all of the best tools.

Honored Contributor

wish it was in a color. I'm thinking on it have to pay off when charge card comes that new ss refrigerator I just bought first. Ouch !

Honored Contributor

What do you all make in your air fryers?  We have one, it works well, but we hardly ever use it. 

Honored Contributor

@Sooner  I make just about everything in my air fryer--anything I would bake in the oven or fry on top of the stove.  I made English muffin pizzas (and the leftovers heat up very well in the air fryer; same with restaurant pizza), air fry chicken, fish, chops, steak, meat loaf (made in a small size and placed in a dish that fits), same for stuffed bell peppers, grilled cheese sandwiches, etc.  It is great for heating up sandwiches from a restaurant --the bread does not get soggy.   I use my air fryer several times a week.  Clean-up is very easy.  The food cooks quickly too.  Mine is the Power XL from QVC and I have had it over one year.

Honored Contributor

@Daysdee. THANKS!  Stuffed peppers are one of my all time favorites!  I certainly will try that one SOON!  

We have.a Philips that we have had a couple of years now. I'll have to take some of your cues and think more of using it!  Thanks again.

Trusted Contributor

@Sooner My sister gave me a Philips air fryer for Christmas, so I've been testing to see how it cooks. 

Love roasted Brussels sprouts or roasted broccoli in it. I like not waiting for the oven to heat up. It holds enough Brussels sprouts for at least four servings. I also marinated some boneless, skinless chicken thighs, then put them in the air fryer and used the extra rack. Hot dogs are great, too! I put about 5 diagonal cuts in each hot dog and throw them in the air fryer. I made cheeseburgers last night and put some guac on top after they came out. I still need to try the keto chicken wings and see if they come out better than when I make them in the oven. I've also read that you can make hard boiled eggs in the air fryer, and I keep meaning to try that, too. 

When I saw WP's air fryer, it made me wish I had a bigger one, but they already take up quite a bit of space. I was putting it away in a closet after using it, but I'm finding that I'm using it several times a week and don't want to put it away after each use. 

Valued Contributor

I like digital controls on an air fryer which WP does not have.  It is better to know exactly what temp you are setting and exact minutes.

Occasional Contributor

I totally agree, it's disgusting!!! He does this and worse in many of his presentation in front of millions of people watching him, I'm suprised that they don't try correcting this even though he generates a great revenue for both him as HSN. I can honestly say I would never eat in any of his restaurants.

Frequent Contributor

Hahahaha @SharkE.  I see the "ewww" gang is all here!  But you knew that would happen.  I watched and as usual learned something new.  His fried chicken looked delicious.  Most of what I've seen done in an airfryer looks like the consistency of ye olde shake 'n bake days.  Not his though.

It's Always Your Favorite Sins...that do you in
Kenny Chesney/Grace Potter