Honored Contributor

Re: Wolfgang on HSN - 2 today specials (FYI)

@homedecor1 wrote:

@momtochloe

I have this spatula and its my go to when I'm needing to flip something!  Picked mine up in WM -- I see now that's it Fall all her stuff is back on the shelves (Pioneer Woman) -- loving her cake stand! 

Oh @homedecor1 thank you for this as I really like that is easily flips things but I also like the fact that it drains whatever you are making at the same time.  I'm going to check it out next time I go to Walmart, thanks for the help!

You too @SharkE!

Honored Contributor

@Lacey1 wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

@Lacey1 I wish you could see one in action as they really are a neat little appliance.  As always with new technologies there is a bit of a learning curve but it is easily learned.  I truly love mine.  So easy to use, clean up and with tasty results.

I follow some Facebook air fryer groups and I'm amazed at these things! Not just french fries! It is confusing because there's so many out there. I would like to avoid the nonstick coating that might flake off. I think the ceramic coating would be better, in a large size fryer.

@Lacey1 if I could offer you any advice is my first stop in terms of checking out a fryer is their warranty period.  Some of them are as short as 60 days which is a big no for me.

I bought the original air fryer from Evine which I loved but it did conk out on me.  I was bummed as it was nine months old but was thrilled the warranty was for a full year (the God's of "didn't you read the fine print?" smiled on me, lesson learned!).  They did a fabulous job of replacing the unit in a very short amount of time and virtually no effort.

My unit is not ceramic but I have not encountered the coating coming off.  I know other's have had what sounds like severe problems but this has not happened to me and the clean up is a snap.

There are many fine units out there and based on your family's needs (as it's just me a smaller one works fine.  I had delusions of buying a larger one so I could air fry a turkey breast for Thanksgiving but seriously is that really necessary . . . sigh . . . no).

The bottom line is I would check the warranty and take it from there . . . Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Over on HSN, MIng has a good fryer and it's a ceramic basket if I recall right. Not cheap

Trusted Contributor

Thanks for info on air fryers. I told Santa, (my son) that I would like one. I recently upgraded my kitchen with Evine flip pans and a wonder pot. The last two years, I've only been using my Vitamix and my big pressure cooker. I use the flip pans on an induction cooktop- very fun! Still plant based but expanding my menu items!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Lacey1 wrote:

Thanks for info on air fryers. I told Santa, (my son) that I would like one. I recently upgraded my kitchen with Evine flip pans and a wonder pot. The last two years, I've only been using my Vitamix and my big pressure cooker. I use the flip pans on an induction cooktop- very fun! Still plant based but expanding my menu items!

Oh @Lacey1 I love those Flip Pans!  I have a couple of them and they are the best.  I am in the process of donating my other pots and pans as I no longer use them as these are so easily to use and clean.

Trusted Contributor

Curious. For those with an air fryer and a deep fryer-have you stopped deep frying when you got the air fryer? My FIL just bought a cheap deep fryer to fry shrimp, etc. He's 93 years old, so he must be doing something right! LOL!

Buying, storing, the oil is a deal breaker for me. Even if you can filter and reuse it. I notice on the graphics, they animate the process to put the old oil back into the fryer. Seems as if that would be a messy task.

Respected Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

@SharkE wrote:

She's to high pressure for me. I like Chef Marian's style. I just bought Pioneer Woman's flat spatula and find i use it all the time now. At walmart

@SharkE this is like the third time I have heard this spatula being mentioned on the boards.  Is it this one?

YES! and I love it ! just used it to flip burgers.

Mine are NorPro and plastic, but also one of my favorites.  It was called a fish spatula when I bought it.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Honored Contributor

bad thing about wood is you can't put in dishwasher LOL

Honored Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

@SharkE wrote:

She's to high pressure for me. I like Chef Marian's style. I just bought Pioneer Woman's flat spatula and find i use it all the time now. At walmart

@SharkE this is like the third time I have heard this spatula being mentioned on the boards.  Is it this one?

That is a fish spatula.  I have three of them - they are great.  

Honored Contributor

He is on right now showing more products besides the 2 new ones