Trusted Contributor

@CLEM- he was/is there. The product today is a HUGE steamer with multiple plastic containers that looked like more than I would ever need. I am not sure what else he will be offering, but looking through the products didn't show me anything really new. I will say that if he offers the blender, I have that and then was convinced that I needed a Vitamix, but the WP one is every bit as good, so I enjoy watching those demos to see what else I can make.

Respected Contributor

I think he will be on at 4 ET so I will try to watch.

Super Contributor

wrote:

Poor Wolfgang!   It's a thread about him and his TS, but none of his products have been mentioned.   I guess that means he didn't show up today????

@CLEM  I'm guilty of veering off-track.  :-)  The chef was/is indeed on today.  His multi-compartment 9-qt. steamer as the TS isn't my cup of tea, nor my family's.  We don't need a steamer at the time.  But I can see how others might enjoy it.  We've had some of his stuff -- pans, utensils, and rice cooker -- which we love. I look forward to reading what buyers of the steamer have to say.

Honored Contributor

I will watch the recorded shows later.  I just peeked in for  a minute and the TS is too large for me; I would have no place to store it.  I love his little rice cooker and his electric spiralizer.  I use them really often.   (I ordered the Curtis Stone TS and am on advance order.  It's probably large for my uses, but I'm sure it will come in handy when I make items to freeze.  Love the clean-up of his cookware.)

Respected Contributor

I had the TV on at 4 for two hours and I think the steamer was only on for a few minutes.  Perhaps it's pretty much sold out.  But no, I don't think I would care for it either.  He had just a bunch of other items that he had all before.  I guess that is why he is here for just a short time.   I  was hoping for his 6 qt pressure cooker, but I have decided to order the Instant Pot instead.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Wolfgang TS on HSN

[ Edited ]

I like his products but I'm not sure I quite understand the whole concept of "steam cooking". It's not something I would need a unit for -- I use my Curtis Stone Durapan steamer insert when I steam fish or vegs.

S this going to be the next "new" thing after the air fryer craze?

I did see WP sale prices were pretty good on his open stock SS pieces.

Honored Contributor

I think the big concept for his steamer is that the flavors of the different foods don't intermingle.  I don't know if that's really a problem or not.  I never steam my food.

Respected Contributor

That steamer looked like a science experiment. Kind of scared me. Just 2 of us & use a pot with a foldable steamer if I need one. Hardly use it.