Wolfgang Puck Pepper Mill Grinders

We can't turn the top of the grinders to open them up.  We put in the batteries.  The arrows on top need to be turned to the left so it lines up with the left bottom arrow but it won't budge on both mills.  They are so pretty and we would like to use them.....help!

Honored Contributor

Re: Wolfgang Puck Pepper Mill Grinders

Image result for welcome to the forum images

Honored Contributor

Sorry to hear that.  Mine were a bit difficult, but I was able to open them.  I think the more you do it, the easier it will get.  Otherwise, maybe return and reorder?  We love ours, but one of them the light apparently has a loose connection.  It quit working, and of course, it was the one we had salt in.  I took the salt out and jiggled around with it and the light came back on.  I rather doubt that will be a permanent fix though.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pink Warrior

I might be misunderstanding you, but just in case I am not…here is some info (please forgive if you already know all this – I am only trying to help).

At the top, the only place that opens is where you put the batteries – and it sounds like you already found those arrows and inserted the batteries.  The round disc on the very top is to be pressed down so the salt/pepper comes out and the light goes on. It does not open, just press.

Near the bottom ¼ of the mill, at the top of the clear plastic part, you will find two arrows on the plastic and one arrow on the metal.  That is where you turn it to add the salt/pepper.  You can buy the really coarse salt at the grocery store – Morton’s sells a clear jar with a black top that is specifically for refilling salt mill/grinders. 

Hope this helps.   We LOVE these mills – I had a set and we bought 2 more sets when they were the special right before Christmas.   I do have to say some comes out the bottom, so I keep mine on a small saucer on top of the stove.

Snarky responders need not reply. Move along and share your views elsewhere.
Contributor

I ordered these in red and they came in copper......was not happy about that, but, they were sold out of the red, so, decided to keep them...The light one of them doesn't work...kind of disappointed.....but, too much of a hassel to send to send them back.