Trusted Contributor

Re: Wolfgang Puck - HSN

[ Edited ]

This one also has the rotisserie, but not the spinning basket. I already have two ovens and think I want one with the rotisserie (for the Thanksgiving turkey breast I have in my head), but haven't used it on the one I already have. i HAVE used the spinning basket, though. I have a DASH model from HSN. I need to see how large an opening it has. The one I have seems more square. i would like a larger space.

One of the things I do like, and is different from my first air fryer oven, is that the first one is always on convection. This one has just a regular bake function, so it will not be so noisy. 

And I kind of like that I can leave the TV on all night and whenever I wake up, Wolfgang will be on and cooking. I see that Michael Symon will also be on, who I also like.

If I had been able to use the 20% off coupon, I MIGHT be tempted, but it says you can't on the Today's Special or pre-sale. That's not to say I won't cave, but how many air fryers does a single person need????

Super Contributor

Have to say he's very entertaining to watch. Find myself cracking up especially when he slips the E before F bomb😂

Honored Contributor

they put him on so late tonight I'll be in my bed at 11

guess he'll be back on at decent time on Sat. Probably his last show

of season he always knocks off early for holiday.

Respected Contributor

@iwrite wrote:

@GAQShopr53 

i don't know if this will help, but it looks similar to this one

https://www.hsn.com/products/cuisinart-1800w-4-lb-airfryer-toaster-oven/8728239.

one difference that i noticed is that wp's has a rotisserie, but less watts. the other thing that i noticed is that his has a 1 year warranty and the cuisinart has a 3 year warranty.

Thank you for sharing @iwrite  I will check it out now!!!

Respected Contributor

@Lisa now in AZ wrote:

This one also has the rotisserie, but not the spinning basket. I already have two ovens and think I want one with the rotisserie (for the Thanksgiving turkey breast I have in my head), but haven't used it on the one I already have. i HAVE used the spinning basket, though. I have a DASH model from HSN. I need to see how large an opening it has. The one I have seems more square. i would like a larger space.

One of the things I do like, and is different from my first air fryer oven, is that the first one is always on convection. This one has just a regular bake function, so it will not be so noisy. 

And I kind of like that I can leave the TV on all night and whenever I wake up, Wolfgang will be on and cooking. I see that Michael Symon will also be on, who I also like.

If I had been able to use the 20% off coupon, I MIGHT be tempted, but it says you can't on the Today's Special or pre-sale. That's not to say I won't cave, but how many air fryers does a single person need????

@Lisa now in AZ the 20% coupon works on this item. I put it in my cart and applied the coupon bringing the total down from $169 to $135 and shipping is free.

Esteemed Contributor

I ordered the stainless & the cookbook.

I'll give my air fryer to my Mom. After I try a pizza in it, I'll donate my Pizzaz. I'll get rid of my rotissere & maybe my toaster.

Does it dehydrate?  I'll get rid of my dehydrater.

Honored Contributor

I don't have the counterspace for more than one oven and my Oster does everything I need, but the air frying.  I had a rotisserie function in my previous countertop oven and only used it a couple of times.  Plus, the Oster has a larger capacity.  I have a smaller air fryer, but so far I haven't really needed a larger one since I'm not trying to cook whole chickens and the like in it.  

@Mary Bailey I did not see a dehydrate function.  My Oster has that too although I have never used it.

Valued Contributor

@GAQShopr53 

you are very welcome. glad i could help.

this was an easy pass for me, because you can't use a 9x13 sheet pan.
i don't know why, other then $$, that the majority of air fryer ovens are so small.

what i do like is that it has dials/knobs, instead of an electric control panel.

i do want 2 counter top air fryer ovens, because i cook in batches/bulk. for me, this would be good for a second oven, not my primary counter top one.

i don't know why there hasn't been a demo showing that you can cook 2 things at the same time.

it seems like i'll have to wait to see what the 2.0 models have.<smile>

my first choice is this one by breville, but it is waaaaaaaaaaaaay out of my budget. 

yes, breville has less expensive air fryer oven models, but a 9x13 sheet pan won't fit.

https://www.qvc.com/Breville-Smart-Air-Oven-with-Element-IQ-Technology.product.K374805.html

Trusted Contributor

Re: Wolfgang Puck - HSN

[ Edited ]

There was a caller who asked if you could dehydrate in there and Wolfgang said that of course you can. It doesn't have a dehydrate function, but he kind of implied that you could control the heat and fan. I thought it was kind of sketchy and that he might have been afraid to say it couldn't do something, but, technically, yes, you can dehydrate.

And, @GAQShopr53, thanks for the update about the coupon. I have managed to stay strong and refrain all day and now that Shannon is on telling us that it will sell out before the show is over (I can't take very much of her spiel), I think I am safe. I hope you enjoy yours!

Respected Contributor

@Lisa now in AZ  I decided to wait...I know it will be offered later and I want to read more reviews before buying. I love Wolfgang and have a lot of his kitchen appliances but still want to see how this oven really performs before buying.