Honored Contributor

Wolfgang Bowls With Grater Top?

Have any of you used the Wolfgang mixing bowls with the grater top?

To me it seems like the silicone top would be too flexible for a grater to work.

Also, do they have a clear lid as well?  I am confused!

Valued Contributor

Re: Wolfgang Bowls With Grater Top?

@Sooner: I have these, and the lids are made of a hard plastic not silicone. 

wolfgang-puck-8-piece-stainless-steel-mixing-bowl-set-d-20190529091419407_658994_611.jpgWoman Very Happy

Respected Contributor

The set I got is 717-339. The bowls and grating inserts are stainless steel, the handles and bases are silicone, and the lids are plastic (rigid). The 3 mixing bowls in this set have clear lids with burping valves; the two little bowls don't have lids. The largest bowl has an extra opaque plastic lid with a removable center, into which you can insert one of the 3 shredding/grating disks or use it to contain splashes when you whip something.

It is a very solid, heavy set. There's a quick presentation video on the page that shows the components and the colors. HTH.

Honored Contributor

@noodleann THANKS!  So if you recommend them I am good with that!  I'd use the grater for sure!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have the stainless steel with the pink tops of Wolfgangs. They are updated with a handle on them. They have the graters and a scraper with it with measurements on it. They were a TSV on HSN when I got them. They have silicone bottoms and plastic lids. Very sturdy and no problems with them. I love the sizes. These have solid lids. I like them better.

674-470

4AA9C9EF-6D19-49CE-9DE3-D1419A11D9BA.jpeg

Respected Contributor

The bowls I have are perfectly serviceable, but those are tempting. Perhaps an after Christmas gift to myself.

Respected Contributor

I had a previous set of these without the handles. I made an excuse that my granddaughter needed stainless steel bowls and got the new one in pink. I was happy and my granddaughter just loves the other set. She had just gotten her own apt at that time. Win win!

Honored Contributor

i have the ones that @cactusgal  has......in red.

i have owned them for probably 4-5 years now.

they are are of excellent quality and the grater works well.

i use these bowls often for many things. the handled ones are nice, but my older version is in such great shape i cannot justify another set of bowls.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein