Trusted Contributor

Hello, 

I'm having trouble removing corks due to hand weakness. Right now I have a remover that you manually turn the oval at the top of the spiral, it then opens side arms that eventually become vertical, at that point up push then down to the side and then all way pointing down, then remover the cork remover with cork attached.

this is becoming tortuous; it hard for me to keep turning and hold the bottle with my other hand.

Any suggestions for an easier remover- battery perhaps?

Thanks!

Cat Very HappyHeartCat Very Happy

FURBABIES ARE THE BREATH OF LIFE
Honored Contributor
Frequent Contributor
Valued Contributor

@skittles2 ATK recommends the Le Creuset Table Model Cork Pull

Honored Contributor

@skittles2 

I happened to get a very nice rechargable one for Christmas last year.  It came from amazon.

Mine is gold/bronze and I can see the cork in the bottom so one doesn't get stuck in there.

I don't keep it on the counter (whoopie!) and have a recharge cord.

This is the best kind.

Respected Contributor

Oh yes find a battery wine corker or something we got to have our wine, love my wine. If the worse comes I will buy a screw off cap. LOL wish you luck!

Valued Contributor

I have the Oster cordless electric wine bottle opener that works great. You just place it over the bottle and press a button until the cork pops out. 

Trusted Contributor

@ everyone @sissel 

Oh yeah, we must have are wine!!!!

I'm not overdoing though, I don't drink full 12%, mine is very low,

Thank you to everyone for great suggestions. I'm going to order each item, see what works best for me: I'm petite, not even 5ft; I have small hands with strength & medical issues in both. I can manage regular cork screw typesto a point, but there comes a point it gets frustrating and painful.

I may have to buy the 4 packs of small bottles , or the pop tops....or box, but they're they don't come in my favorite Risata wine.  Santa Margherita is a close 2nd. I love a fresh, fruity taste, though not a syrupy sweet one.

Dry wine is not for me; my taste buds enhance earthy, biting wines, making them too much for me.

I'll take suggestions in wines too!

BUT! BUT!....BIG BUT! When you want it and can't get the cork out.....I was ready remove it   Champagne sabre style with my fillet knife .Cat FrustratedCat SurprisedCat LOL

Cat Very HappyHeartCat Very Happy

Honored Contributor

image.png

image.png

I have a similar one and it actually works pretty well! Heart

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Trusted Contributor

I can turn or grip for a few secondss. I need one that I don't have to turn the handle which turns the spiral stem, and also the other hand if the  bottle needs turning as I have small hands & fingers, that with aging and medical issues, it's harder to do such things.

Don't they make pouch wines you can stick the little straw into...like kids pouch drinks...Cat Tongue

HeartCat Very HappyHeart