Esteemed Contributor

Why would a wine buyer want to invest $$$ in 3 bottles of the same wine - never heard of before or tasted?

I bought a 3 pack of Chef "Z's" but it was a combo of 3 different red wines.  One was great - one okay - and the 3rd is still on the shelf.

Buy 12 bottles and you could really be stuck.

Honored Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

Why would a wine buyer want to invest $$$ in 3 bottles of the same wine - never heard of before or tasted?

I bought a 3 pack of Chef "Z's" but it was a combo of 3 different red wines.  One was great - one okay - and the 3rd is still on the shelf.

no one is ever "stuck" with a food purchase from qvc. they have a 100% money back guarantee on their food products. call them up if they did not meet your expectations and no need to return. one reason why i dont mind getting some wines from qvc.....and the prices are quite good when you break down the per bottle price.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

Because it's a great price for a bottle of wine. Many people like to experiment. Some people believe there is no bad wine. Some will drink anything. To some wine drinkers three bottles is a small fraction of their weekly consumption. But if it's not to your taste you could always give it away, or use in cooking. And it's nice having heavy items delivered to your doorstep.

Esteemed Contributor

If you are serving it with a meal, the customer may need the 3 bottles for the meal.

Honored Contributor

When we start a bottle of wine, we finish it. Even the ones that don't taste the greatest, aren't all that bad by the last glass.

Contributor

Not a wine drinker, but I love when Mary does her wine reviews, or the time she did the History Of Wine.

Honored Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

When we start a bottle of wine, we finish it. Even the ones that don't taste the greatest, aren't all that bad by the last glass.

@AuntG, and the girls all get prettier at closing time!

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

I take the wine I don't like and cook down raw onion rings,  sliced mushrooms, and butter.  Wonderful for potatoes and meat!Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

I have done this. It's not much of a commitment to buy 3 bottles of the same wine never heard of or tasted before. I do this all of the time. I have been buying wine online for the last several months and so far I haven't received a bad bottle. I do pay attention to the wine notes, varietal, and region, before purchasing. 

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

I take the wine I don't like and cook down raw onion rings,  sliced mushrooms, and butter.  Wonderful for potatoes and meat!Smiley Happy

Add beef stock and some spices for French onion soup...I do this all of the time with left over red wine.

My sister calls it Drunkin Onion Soup.  It is delicious.