Honored Contributor

Re: Will You Go To A Different Store Just For The Deli?

I don't really shop that department but, since you mentioned also 'bakery', I do go to a different grocery store for a bakery item that I LOVE that they make there.  

In this one store they make these coconut pecan cookies that I love so much!   They are soft, not hard or crunchy, which is how I like cookies.  But I love coconut so much that I cannot resist them and the pecans are just the icing on the cake.  

P1150021.jpg

Honored Contributor

Another Boar's Head fan here.  Also have a favorite Italian deli that sells freshly-made ricotta.

Esteemed Contributor

No I don't go to a different store for deli items. I know too much about how deli departments run and I won't eat at any of them anywhere. (I have a relative who was an executive who handled fresh food departments at two major chains and the stories she told. Shudder).

FYI, Boar's Head products are not made by Boar's Head, they source products from different vendors and put their label on the products. Not saying that this is a bad thing ... just is what it is. Large corporations do the same thing w/ their private label items, in deli/bakery, grocery, etc. they source their brands, say deli meats, from Tyson/Hormel/JennieO, etc.

Now I do go to certain stores because of the quality of their meat/poultry/seafood and produce departments.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

@kate2357 

Hi! SO nice to see you!  I do trust Fresh Market!  They are the Roll Royce of food stores.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

No, but I agree that Boar's Head products are quite good.  I rarely eat sandwiches so I rarely have a need for deli meats and cheeses.  And, when I crave cheese, the dairy case is fine.  Deli salads are great but I can't justify the price so I usually just make them myself.

Honored Contributor

We rarely eat anything from the deli.

Honored Contributor

Yes!!!

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

I don't really shop that department but, since you mentioned also 'bakery', I do go to a different grocery store for a bakery item that I LOVE that they make there.  

In this one store they make these coconut pecan cookies that I love so much!   They are soft, not hard or crunchy, which is how I like cookies.  But I love coconut so much that I cannot resist them and the pecans are just the icing on the cake.  

P1150021.jpg

OMG I wish I could reach in and take one.  

Trusted Contributor

I live in a large metro area and have 6!  Yes. 6 grocery stores all within 5 minutes of me by car.  And I actually frequent all of them for different reasons.  

I do prefer different items from the different stores including the deli.  I am mostly a vegetarian, so I go to the gorcery store every 2nd or 3rd day to get fresh produce.  So i spread my business around and enjoy having a lot of choices.  

Esteemed Contributor

Boar's Head ham off the bone - sliced as thin as they can slice it.  Sweet meat

When at  Wegmens their store brand sliced as thin as they can get it - sometimes ham is sweet like BH - sometimes not -  but good.