Honored Contributor

Re: Will You Go To A Different Store Just For The Deli?

@chickenbutt 

I get great results by googling "Copycat recipe for........."

be very specific and put in the manufacturer's name and exact name of the cookie.

Respected Contributor

No!

Honored Contributor

I only buy deli food at an independent local market.  They make amazing quiches and chicken pies.  They roast turkeys, Prime rib and lamb.  They have a wonderful sushi chef.  I pick up sliced ham at the Honey Baked store.  

Valued Contributor

Yes, I plan on going to Harmons soon, so I can get some of their deli meats for a charcuterie board I'm making for my birthday. They've olives of all kinds, Bread cheese, hummas, and all kinds of breads. Can't wait. My usual store has a deli but smaller.

Honored Contributor

@DiAnne wrote:

I only buy deli food at an independent local market.  They make amazing quiches and chicken pies.  They roast turkeys, Prime rib and lamb.  They have a wonderful sushi chef.  I pick up sliced ham at the Honey Baked store.  

@DiAnne 

I want YOUR store!!!  Fresh Market is fantastic;  I've never seen what you describe!

Respected Contributor

Use to make a special visit to Safeway for their Isabella tuna salad, seasoned very good, however last time I purchased it ended up in trash. Apparently they substituted some other brand. Have not been back to their deli since. My regular grocery store has rotisserie chicken breast once or twice a week that is very good and not loaded with all the sodium like so many, I usually buy one when they have it and use it for a variety of different things including sandwiches and wraps. They also sell Boars Head so no need to go to other stores for that. Generally speaking, more interested in a well stocked produce department.
Super Contributor

Not just deli and bakery, but meat, fish and produce as well.  

Respected Contributor

We go to different stores. One grocery store does not hold everything we want. We go to our local independent butcher shop for some meats/deli, along with going down to the docks for fresh seafood. We get our fresh eggs from an in town farm. We have always shopped like this.
Honored Contributor

@ECBG  If only there was a decent deli/bakery in my area.