Honored Contributor

Why Doesn't QVC Do A Whole Party Show for a Food Show?

Rather than bore people's sox off repeating colors, why not do a whole party for a food show?  Or a family meal or something like that?  A tea?  How about one week a fancy tea (afternoon tea) and then next week a "high tea" which is later and more like a meal tea.  Get a tea expert to come in a talk about teas and what is served and kinds of teas. .

Use some craft items or electronics for invitations, plan a menu, show a table setting, use an egg cooker and make egg salad, use your pots and pans to cook a main dish, work out the timing for when to cook what, give some recipes and suggest a few bought food items, have a tablecloth or place mats, flatware and serving pieces, etc.  

That would be fun and interesting to see how it all comes together.  Use different hosts, "Party at Mary Beth's", for example.  Let them talk about some gatherings they hosted or attended.  Show pictures of viewers tablescapes.  

You could do graduation parties, holidays, Sunday night in your sweats at home, fun things like that.  How about "The Cat's Birthday?"  Get Jane's cat and have a party for the cat.

Good grief life doesn't have to be so boring does it?????

Honored Contributor

Re: Why Doesn't QVC Do A Whole Party Show for a Food Show?

@Sooner.  You have some really great ideas; you should have posted it under "Suggestion Box".

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Sooner.  You have some really great ideas; you should have posted it under "Suggestion Box".

@Kachina624  Thanks.  That's a good suggestion.  But then you would have had to post your suggestion to me under "Suggestion Box" and then we'd have to. . . Woman Surprised  Woman Very Happy  I don't know what we'd do!  

Also, there is the fact that QVC would never take a viewer suggestion in any case, so it would be demoralizing to post there!  LOL!!!!  

Trusted Contributor

I love your idea!  It sounds like it would be a really fun show. 

Or how about set up as a cocktail hour?Woman LOL

Respected Contributor

@Sooner  that's a really good idea. they could present food nibbles, the serving pieces, and pans etc. used to prepare. i like it. 

Frequent Contributor

I would watch that. Your idea is much better than that horrible "Gem Rocks" show or what ever that jewelry show they tired out last week. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sooner,   I love your ideas, and @kittyloo's and @roeroe1005's additions to the concept.   I think it's worth passing along to the powers-that-be, so I hope the moderators see it (or you might send them an email).   The pets might be fun (if manageable), and definitely some new products would be a welcome bonus.   Great suggestion!😊

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

I don't think QVC would make much money if they threw pretend tea parties.  I understand that shopping channels serve as social outlets for some people but those people don't buy things.  The people who do, don't want to pretend they hanging out at Mary Beth's house for the afternoon.  I think some people here tend to forget that QVC isn't ladie's club, it's one of the biggest retailers in the world.  They exist to make money, not provide entertainment.  However, years and years ago, in my sahm days, groups of us ladies would get together at each other's homes to various QVC and HSN shows.  We'd bring snacks and pastries.  

Honored Contributor

I think the "whole party show" idea is great.  I know it's too late for this year, plus guess they can't use the term "su--r bowl" any more, but they could sell food items, sell a slow cooker and air fryer for the chili and for fries.  Could show serving dishes, some cute recipe ideas and sell items to make them, etc. etc.  This would be a good time and good idea concept to show us some new and interesting items. Maybe even mention the item number for the cute outfit the hostess is wearing.  

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

The hosts that like to cook and decorate could pull off such a show. I think fans of MB, Jill and David would not only buy the food, but also linens and table decorations in a show that has a party theme.