Honored Contributor

Re: Why Do We Get Insane Over Popcorn???

[ Edited ]

@DecorDiva wrote:

@LIndaMJ wrote:

It smells and tastes so good! My favorite is dripping with (substitute) butter and lots of salt or the caramel. Rarely do I have it though, because of my extensive dental work.

@LIndaMJ  - I can sympathize!   I gave it up when my popcorn cost me $1000 because I had to get a crown.

@LIndaMJ OMG!!!!!! You scare me Girl!!!Smiley Happy

I'll chew very "tamely"?  Is that even possible??????

Honored Contributor

I like my popcorn popped on the stove; not a big fan of microwave popcorn.   Love movie theater popcorn, but hate going to the movies, and am too far from a theater to make a trip just for a snack.   

Honored Contributor

I love popcorn but never buy it in the movie theater. It is ridiculously expensive - I would rather go out to lunch or dinner after a movie.  I do make popcorn at home.

Respected Contributor

For many years I worked in a veterinary hospital where our boss would not allow microwave popcorn to be made at any time.    He felt that it was not professional to have that aroma permeate throughout the hospital.  

Some of the staff would complain but I had to agree with him.    To this day, I still do not like to walk into any type of office and have that aroma going throughout the rooms. 

I love the scent of freshly popped corn but I think it's a better snack to be made at home instead of at work.  

Honored Contributor

@ Montana wrote:

Popcorn was my favorite snack until a hull got lodged in my gums. It irritated and hurt my gums. I had a hard time removing it and it took a while for my gums to heal.

I stopped eating popcorn after that.  I still miss it.

@ Montana   you ever tried that hulless popcorn that you can buy at the store?

It's puffed and easier to chew.

Honored Contributor

farmer jons popcorn in my glass microwave popcorn popper.

i bought several sets of those popcorn poppers on qvc a couple of years ago during the holidays and gave some as gifts, some as secret santa gifts.

real butter.....irish preferred.

sea salt

heaven......

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@SharkE 

I  always popped the kernels myself.  I’ve never tried hulless popcorn.