Super Contributor

Who's the best knife - Wustoff, Chicago Cutlery, or JA Henckel?

Who makes the best knives whether single or a set? These seem to be the top 3, what are your thoughts? Thank you.

QVC Customer Care
Valued Contributor

Re: Who's the best knife - Wustoff, Chicago Cutlery, or JA Henckel?

Wusthof for me.When it somes to metal, i stick with German made products.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@cookinlovewrote:

I'm gonna have to go with JA Henckle (Zwilling) because they have a line dedicated to kramer and these knife models are very sharp...

I have been happy with my JA Henckle (Zwilling) as well. 

I have heard that Wsutoff is good. 

I will say, I found a huge and like new set of knives at a thrift store, and they are Cooks something from I believe JC Penney. I have no idea how old they are, but they are made as well or better than my Henckle knives. I really lucked out on those, and use them often too. 

Honored Contributor

I like my Wusthof knives, too, but years ago QVC had a Technique stainless santoku knife that I use most often.  The handle was one piece with the blade.  It holds its sharpness well, and sharpens easily.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

Best steak knives are by Chef Tony. Never needs sharpening.

Respected Contributor

I have a couple of Wüstof knives from the Classic line, but the rest are from the Henckels Pro S line.  I bought them all open stock, none are part of a set & have accumulated them over the past 20 or so years.  One of the Wüstof knives I got was when the vendor was clearing up to go home from a Saturday road show type thing at a Bon Marche store (now Macy's) up in WA & she told me if I wanted it, she'd sell me the last 4½" Chef's knife she had for $19 (the price these days for this knife is about $85,  I think it was about $60 at that time).  I told her "Sold!" It wasn't a knife I would've bought, but it's now one of my favorites, because I like the size.

Respected Contributor

For us, none of them.  We have a set of LamsonSharp knives.  They are wonderful.  And they're Made In the USA by the same company in Shelburne Falls, MA for about 200 years.  Wouldn't trade them for anything.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Wusthof, Henckles or Shun or some of the other Japanese knives  like Global.  Chicago Cutlery doesn't make the cut.   Pun intended.

Honored Contributor

I like my Wustoff but honestly Victorinox are great, I have a bunch of them. I hate Henckels. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval