Honored Contributor

Re: Who's baking St. Patty's desserts today?

[ Edited ]

@house_cat   Thank you.  I think it looks sloppy.  I should have taken my time with the sugar to get it on evenly, but I am too impatient.

By tomorrow afternoon, my DH will have eaten the whole thing anyway.  If he had those yummy looking cupcake you made, he'd have them all gone too.

Honored Contributor

@Carmie 

I don't think it looks sloppy, but like you, I also favor simplicity when I'm baking. Those fondant cakes and crazy over-the-top cupcakes don't appeal to me.

~ house cat ~
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@house_cat wrote:

@ILTH 

Thanks 🍀 

I fixed it.

Screen Shot 2019-03-17 at 10.58.20 AM.png

@house_cat 

Hope I didn't sound snarky. That wasn't my intention. 

I never apologize for my opinions, because--- that's what they are. But, I never want to disrespect (most 😁) people on the boards.

Valued Contributor

Re: Who's baking St. Paddy's desserts today?

OK I cheated. I’ll be enjoying a lovely green bagel along with my green Snowballs. A yummy, overloaded carb extravaganza to celebrate my Irish heritage!

3F37E9D1-9C8A-43D8-A6BF-84CC7FE7153C.jpeg

Respected Contributor

I've been watching Netflix Nailed It!.  This is where not so great home bakers attempt to recreate baked goods.  It is pretty good if you don't mind people that really shouldn't be baking or cooking or anything near food.  I'm surprised they haven't poisoned anyone.

Image result for netflix nailed it series

Esteemed Contributor

@house_cat  Several years ago I made a whiskey cake that took a week. It was ok. Since then, I just serve shortbread cookies - the preferred dessert when I was in school in Ireland in the '70's. I have also made "spotted ******" which is a raisin cake. But, it's more English than Irish.

Respected Contributor

Oh my, was just mentioning to someone about missing the Hostess green snowballs in stores this year. Not that I would have bought them anyway due to my sweet cutback. Use to always buy them at least once per season. Did not know that Tastykakes made them. I know Hostess went out of business so guess Tastykakes took over their snowball business!
Trusted Contributor

@CarmieThat pie looks like a work of art !!!!!!

Honored Contributor

I really don't do much baking at all anymore.  I am, however, going to make the Pistachio Bread that was posted in another Irish/St. Paddy's thread.  Not today, though, I'll make it when we visit family at the end of the month.  

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kindaglitzy wrote:
Oh my, was just mentioning to someone about missing the Hostess green snowballs in stores this year. Not that I would have bought them anyway due to my sweet cutback. Use to always buy them at least once per season. Did not know that Tastykakes made them. I know Hostess went out of business so guess Tastykakes took over their snowball business!

I’m in Philly where Tastykake is based. We have orange snowballs at Halloween, green for St. Patrick’s day, and pink the rest of the year. When I was in Ocean City, NJ last summer I saw blue Hostess Snoballs in the supermarket. I guess the W makes all the difference!