Honored Contributor

Who's Ever Had Avacado Key Lime Pie

I'm watching a Saturday morning show called "Naturally, Danny Seo, Avogantic (I think that's it).

Anyway, I don't even know how I end up DVRing some of these shows, but thought I'd share this one.

Has anyone ever had (as the title says) Avacado Key Lime Pie?

The main ingredient is avacado.  Can you believe, I've never even tasted an avacado?  I seldom try new things, I like what I like and that's it...stupid I know.

But I have a best friend who will (as the saying goes) "Eat everything that doesn't eat her first"  (Ugh!  That sounds strange).

Anyway, it seems simple enough (says someone who doesn't cook at all anymore).

What do you guys think?

Respected Contributor

Re: Who's Ever Had Avacado Key Lime Pie

[ Edited ]

I love avocado but the thought of combining them with key lime pie, which I also love, makes me want to gag...........

Honored Contributor

I'll rewind and see if I can gather the ingredients.  This is a show where HE talks (and demonstrates) through the item but they don't post the ingredients on the screen.

Makes it a lot more difficult to collect it.

4 avacados

(crust)  1/2 cup coconut flakes, 1 & 1/2 cups of almond flour (unsweetened) , 2 tablespoons of maple surup, 2 tablespoons of coconut oil, pinch of salt.  (Put in spring form pan and form a hard pressed bottom).  She mixed it all together first.  Bake it at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.

Cut 4 avacados, put them in food processer, 1 tablespoon of key lime ZEST, 1/2 cup of key lime juice, 1/2 cup to 1 cup of maple surup (depending on your sweetness level) "that's what the baker said", 1 tsp of vanilla, 1/4 teaspoon of salt, 1/2 cup coconut oil.  Mix together in processer.

No baking required.  Put in refrigerator.....

If anyone makes it, let us know.

Esteemed Contributor

They are frying avocados not so maybe they are good cooked!  I love them raw.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@Annabellethecat66

What I think is............it's criminal to mess up the reputation of delicious key lime pie by pairing it in the same phrase  with avocado.  

Honored Contributor

I love avocados.  I have eaten them since I was a child.  I put them in salads, on sandwiches, on toast, etc, but I have to say that sounds disgusting!

Respected Contributor

I love raw avocados but don't think I'd get the nerve to try this. I've had them fried and was not a fan at all. There's a wonderful Mexican food restaurant in Biltmore Village, NC, who has avocado margaritas as one of their specialty drinks. Haven't had the nerve to try that yet either...maybe one day. Since they don't have a lot of taste on their own, guess it's a possibility that they're good.

Respected Contributor

none of us like avacado so that sounds just nasty.

Esteemed Contributor

I love avocados; guacomole is a favorite food of mine, but that recipe does not sound even a little bit good.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Who's Ever Had Avocado Key Lime Pie

[ Edited ]

I would make this.  Why not?  The taste of avocado disappears.  That's the whole point.  Not to mention, it's free of dairy for those who no longer eat dairy.

And it's spelled avocado.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.