Honored Contributor

Who remembers......

[ Edited ]
PBS 30 plus years ago, Cajun Chef, For the life of me! Not able to recall his name? Enjoyed watching his shows. For the most part cooked outside using large kettles, Extra Tabasco sauce. What favorite cooking or baking shows do you remember? There was another chef on PBS, Chocolate, My o My Delish! Creations. 😋
Honored Contributor

I am not good with names either but I think I remember who you are talking about.  He really had a strong accent and was really a character.  He loved his hot sauce.   A lot of times I had a hard time understanding him.

What about Paul Prudhomme --- I am sure this is not the spelling?

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

Was it Justin Wilson? My son was a constant viewer of his. "How ya all are?" Isn't that what he use to say?

Respected Contributor

I was going to say Justin Wilson also! I remember him always saying, " I GAWR-ON-TEE!

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran

I believe you may be talking about Justin Wilson.Here was a great guy with good recipes and funny stories.I have his cookbook.My husband really loves his stewed okra.Never cooked any alligator though!i hope you find who you are looking for.

Esteemed Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity As others have said, I'm sure it's Justin Wilson that you're thinking of. I used to love all the cooking shows on PBS.  Just the other day I was trying to remember one of the chef's names that I used to watch and enjoy.  It finally came to me -- Nathalie Dupree.  

There were so many good cooking shows back in the day.  

Respected Contributor

I can't say that I knew Justin Wilson, but we ended up at the same grocery store at least two or three times a week for a  number of years.  (A result of work hours I guess.) He would

always come over and give me a hug and say, "Here's my best shopping buddy again".  I'm not a great admirer of "celebrities", but I looked forward to saying hello to him each time.  He was a very sweet, charming gentleman and a pleasure to meet and to watch on television.

Respected Contributor

DH went as Justin Wilson one year for Halloween 😀

Trusted Contributor

I used to really like watching Justin Wilson on PBS.

Back then on our local PBS station on Saturday afternoons if we were home, we would watch the cooking shows. 

Respected Contributor

It was Justin Wilson.....Natalie Dupree drove me nuts.  She had all that jewelry on and those long nails and never did a recipe front to back, she would start mixing it, move to a bowl of it mixed, then do some more, then a whole new bowl....she never did get done mixing things.  She also used her hands a lot, which is fine, but she had all that jewelry on and it got caught in the nails and jewelry and just so messy.  She was just so messy!  I was a kid and knew that was not the way to bake/cook.