Honored Contributor

Re: Who remembers the butter boat and related products?

I also purchased them back then.  But I think you can still find them, so I'd go with that and not something of lesser quality, as in the T line.

But I have to say, and while I DID like the butter boats, after a while I ended up using Lock & Lock instead.   I keep one in an inside cabinet that stays pretty cool.  Yeah, it does get a little soft in the summer but I'm so neurotic about food storage that the one thing that bugged me about the butter boats was that they don't seal up.  

I have some L&L containers that are the perfect size for a 1/4lb cube of butter and use it upside down (obviously) so it works just great, plus my neurosis is calmed by the fact that it's sealed up airtight.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

I have a butter boat but not by Temptations. I use KerryGold butter & keep it in it on the counter.

butterboat-4.jpgsalted_butter.jpg

@Nightowlz  Isn't Kerrygold the best?!?!?  That's our table butter, too. I never buy margarine anymore, but some recipes can get pretty expensive when using the Kerrygold so for those few instances I'll get the organic butter from Costco.  Those are in normal sticks that make measuring a little more convenient too.

Anyway, back to topic....
 I cut the bar of Kerrygold in half lengthwise and use my regular butter dish.  I leave it out on the counter (nothing worse than trying to spread hard butter on something) and it stays fine.  It's how we did it since I was a kid and butter has never turned rancid.  I used to have something called a butter bell...similar idea as the butter boat, but it held less and the top part (bell) that held the butter would be down in the water.  It didn't take long for me to give up using it, it just felt like an unnecessary step. 

Valued Contributor

Bought mine from QVC many years ago and not a Temptation product.  Use it daily as DH has to have his buttered carbs in the a.m. and hates the hard butter from the refrig.  His cholesterol levels are excellent.....I eat my yogurt!

Respected Contributor

I still have mine as well.  They are the best!!

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@Nightowlz wrote:

I have a butter boat but not by Temptations. I use KerryGold butter & keep it in it on the counter.

butterboat-4.jpgsalted_butter.jpg

@Nightowlz  Isn't Kerrygold the best?!?!?  That's our table butter, too. I never buy margarine anymore, but some recipes can get pretty expensive when using the Kerrygold so for those few instances I'll get the organic butter from Costco.  Those are in normal sticks that make measuring a little more convenient too.

Anyway, back to topic....
 I cut the bar of Kerrygold in half lengthwise and use my regular butter dish.  I leave it out on the counter (nothing worse than trying to spread hard butter on something) and it stays fine.  It's how we did it since I was a kid and butter has never turned rancid.  I used to have something called a butter bell...similar idea as the butter boat, but it held less and the top part (bell) that held the butter would be down in the water.  It didn't take long for me to give up using it, it just felt like an unnecessary step. 

@JeanLouiseFinch I started buying KerryGold when I had problems getting fresh butter from a local farmer. I still buy it when they have it. The only place that carries it is Walmart. I had a cow when there was none on the shelf. Took me a while to get the store manager to get it back in stock & keep it. I also cut the KerryGold into 2 sticks. I vacuum seal them & store in the freezer & take out as needed. I also have some of the unsalted. 

Respected Contributor

FYI:  The online company who has Prime still carries the butter boats and butter bells.  My local Costco carries the Kerry Gold.  YEA!  Saves me a lot.

Honored Contributor

@brandiwine wrote:

FYI:  The online company who has Prime still carries the butter boats and butter bells.  My local Costco carries the Kerry Gold.  YEA!  Saves me a lot.

@brandiwine  I get my KerryGold butter at Costco too.  It's not cheap, but the price is a lot better buying it there than at the supermarket.

Respected Contributor

Amazon has several types of butter boats.

Trusted Contributor

When they were in I purchased two thinking if I broke one I'd have a replacement handy.  I still have them and use one everyday for our butter. They are the best and very durable. Love the way it keeps our butter.  I am always sorry to see QVC stop carrying really good products and subing more inferior ones and over charging.

Trusted Contributor

I'm still using the Butter Boat I purchased from QVC many years ago, too.  I also gave some as shower gifts.  I've also seen them at Bed, Bath & Beyond.