Honored Contributor

Re: Who remembers the Host Cookbooks from yesteryear?

@sonson 

ty yes I think that was her name.  A beautiful lady I think she has passed.

i will someday "dig out" my boxed up cookbooks.  I enjoy reading them and seeing the pics even if I never make the recipe😊

Super Contributor

I also somehow missed the QVC Family Cookbook.  Lots of them available on eBay, many with free shipping.  I am picking up one this week.  Mary Beth's and Bob's cookbooks there too, as well as David's earlier books.  Can't beat eBay and the prices are right.

Respected Contributor

My brother-in-law "borrowed" Bob Bowersox cookbook 30-40 years ago.  I'm still waiting for it to be returned. Smiley LOL  He said it's one of his absolute favorite cookbooks of all times and the one he reaches for the most.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have Bob Bowersox's cookbook.  It's the one that has a recipe for garlic soup.  Delicious.  I'll have to make it again soon.  I made it for a church luncheon and convinced people to at least try it.  Most asked for the recipe.  Smiley Happy

Hardcover In the Kitchen with Bob Book

I also have a cookbook that includes recipes by a variety of QVC employees and shoppers.  I purchased it at a library fund raiser event a few years ago.  Great recipes.

Paperback Best of the Best from QVC Cookbook : Favorite Recipes from Viewers, Hosts, Employees, and Friends Book

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Honored Contributor

In the event anyone is interested ...

Bob Bowersox’s Unbelievably Good Garlic Soup

“My father, Don Bowersox, worked on this recipe for about eight years. At least once a month he’d have me over for a ‘garlic orgy’, featuring the soup, Caesar salad, and garlic bread. When he’d finally perfected the recipe, Mom put a halt to the orgies, saying that it took her two weeks to get the smell of garlic out of the house. But the recipes live on. If you like garlic as much as we Bowersoxes, then this soup is for you.”

2 medium onions, chopped
1 head garlic, cloves separated and peeled
3 T olive oil
1 c chicken stock
1 c cream or half-and-half
Day old French bread, cut into bits
2 t paprika
1/4 t ground cumin
Salt and pepper to taste
Chopped fresh parsley, garnish

In a large skillet, over medium heat, sauté the onions and garlic in the olive oil until the onions are translucent, about 5 minutes.

Transfer the sautéed mixture to a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Add the chicken stock and continue to blend; then add the cream and blend well. If you have an adjustable-speed processor, you might find the mixture staying smoother on a slower blending speed; you don’t want to froth the cream.

Add small bits of the French bread slowly, so that the soup begins to thicken up as the bread is incorporated into the liquid. The amount of bread you add is going to determine the thickness of your soup. If you want a thick, almost stew like consistency, add more bread. If you want a thinner soup, add less.

Once you have the texture you want, transfer the mixture to a saucepan over medium heat. Add the paprika and cumin, and salt and pepper to taste. Simmer for 5-8 min. Sprinkle with parsley and serve hot. Makes 2 servings.

Source: “In the Kitchen with Bob”
Bob Bowersox

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~