Honored Contributor

Today I went appliance shopping and purchased a Samsung refrigerator and stove. My primary reason was because this brand had a French Door refrigerator that fit under my cupboard. The salesman made a snarky comment about the brand and I was tempted to ask why they sell Samsungs if they are hard to repair.  I think his beef was that he wasn't getting the commission because I had the business card of another employee who wasn't there today. Wondering what your experience has been with this brand.

Honored Contributor

Re: Who has Samsung Appliances?

I’ve never had any of their appliances so I can't say how they are one way or another.  But some time ago when we were in the market for a new refrigerator, we asked our repairman which brands he would recommend.  He said anything but Samsung and LG.  I was surprised since that’s the bulk of what is sold around here.  I asked him why and he said because you can’t get parts for them.  

Honored Contributor

I hear they are very hard to repair. My friend had a Samsung washer, it needed repair, she called a very reputable repair person in the area, he refused to even touch it, she got rid of it, and it was not old.

Respected Contributor

Personally, I don't own anything from Samsung, but several friends & family have. They have had nothing but trouble with them. refrigerator-ice makes going out several times. Washing machine, same thing, Tv same thing. Should have asked before you purchased,lol.. Also check reviews on Lowe's or other stores. I don't buy anything anymore without reading reviews, especially appliances.

Contributor

We bought a Samsung tv 4 months ago and 3 weeks ago it  broke. We are in the process of picking it up after major repairs and hopefully it works.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

wrote:

Today I went appliance shopping and purchased a Samsung refrigerator and stove. My primary reason was because this brand had a French Door refrigerator that fit under my cupboard. The salesman made a snarky comment about the brand and I was tempted to ask why they sell Samsungs if they are hard to repair.  I think his beef was that he wasn't getting the commission because I had the business card of another employee who wasn't there today. Wondering what your experience has been with this brand.

I had a Samsung side by side refrigeration for approx. 9 years I guess it was.  The reason we got another one was that it was a counter depth and was so small I just had enough of it.  We never had a single problem with it in those years.  Now I have a french door LG and so far, so good but it's only been 5 months since I bought it.  I've heard nightmare stories about both brands but I think you can get a lemon in any brand so when we buy anything new, I just hope I don't end up with a bad one.  One thing about my old Samsung fridge, it was so quiet that you never could hear it run.  Quietest one I've ever had in 50 years of marriage.  Good luck with your new appliance and I hope you like it.

I've just read more replies to this thread and I'll comment on a few more Samsung products we have or had.  55 inch tv, a 26 inch tv and those two have been so reliable for us that we won't buy anything but a Samsung when it comes to tv's.

The one brand I have refused to buy for decades is GE.   And at one time, every appliance in my home was a GE from the laundry room to the kitchen.  You couldn't pay me to have bought that brand for at least 20 years. 

Honored Contributor

We've had our refrigerator for 4-1/2 yr and never had the repairman out here. I needed to put it under cabinets in an older home. Love the pullout drawer. Pop and water are kept in there.IMG_0099.JPG

Regular Contributor

I have a Samsung stove, microwave, dishwasher and french door refrigerator.  We've had them all about 6 years now and I have no complaints. Guess I'm in the minority.

Regular Contributor

I have all Samsung appliances and have no complaints.  Guess I'm in the minority.

Honored Contributor

I have a Samsung French door  refriderator.  There was a recall on something that caused ice to form inside on the back of it.  The repair man fixed it and noticed that one of my shelf’s had a hairline crack in it.

He ordered me a new one and it was here in three days... free of charge.  I love my Samsung fridge..