Honored Contributor

Who bought yesterday's TSV ?

I believe they said they sold 150,000 sets yesterday. I bought a set because I had 2 of the stacking 6 piece sets but many of the bowls seem to have walked away from home to live elsewhere. Plus some of mine have some broken tabs and don't really close well anymore - they are many years old. I got the orange. With S&H they were $28 - very reasonable for a 10 piece set.I use the little tiny ones in my sewing box a lot, so they aren't a waste to me.

Respected Contributor

Re: Who bought yesterday's TSV ?

Two sets - one was a Christmas gift.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

It really was a good price for that many pieces. I didn't purchase it because I already have a zillion L&L bowls (and other pieces), including the square-ish ones.

But I did tell a friend about it and she purchased it, along with another set. So I guess I did my part. Smiley Happy ha!

Honored Contributor

I came very close, but resisted when my DH reminded me that I already have plenty of Lock & Lock containers. I thought it was a pretty nice deal, though.

Trusted Contributor

I bought four sets - three will be given as gifts and the fourth will stay with me. I have found lately that when I bring something in a piece of L+L, I don't get the L+L back. So I let it go and bought new.

Honored Contributor

Yeah, they never find their way back home to you.I am going to be more careful and not let any of my new ones out of the house.

Respected Contributor

My SIL was thrilled when I gave her the violet set for Christmas. She said that's what she wants every year. No more bringing old plastic tubs from butter or Cool Whip for leftovers. These will be prettier and store much better.

Honored Contributor

On 1/8/2015 RedConvertibleGirl said:

My SIL was thrilled when I gave her the violet set for Christmas. She said that's what she wants every year. No more bringing old plastic tubs from butter or Cool Whip for leftovers. These will be prettier and store much better.

I have the purple ones in my camper - very pretty.

Honored Contributor

Remember when Tupperware parties were the only home parties anyone ever had?

Trusted Contributor

I bought the orange set too. I already have the round set in yellow and I love the way they stack and take up no room in the cupboard. Now that it's just my husband and me for most meals I always have leftovers, so I use them a lot. Tonight for instance I made white chicken chili and will freeze half for another night in a lock n lock. So often they are in use in the freezer so I will find plenty of use for the new ones.