Honored Contributor

Re: Who Buys Breakstone 4% Cottage Cheese?

Thank you all for your kind replies.

Respected Contributor

I purchase Breakstone 4% cottage cheese all the time.....love it.

Honored Contributor

@Fressa wrote:

Breakstone is the only brand of cottage cheese that I can eat and I purchase the $%. It's a bit higher in price at the market where I shop. Occasionaly I'll get a container that has the water on top. I'll just mix it around with a spoon if it's just a small amount. If it's covering the entire surface then I won't take a chance on it. I think it may have been sitting too long some place else in the market. 

@Fressa 

What I have gotten several times is the entire container is soupy, but smells and tastes fine.

Esteemed Contributor

Thank goodness it has that seal inside.  I don't know what would cause that condition. It sure is odd. 

Valued Contributor

@ECBG , I either buy Breakstone or Daisy and both tend to be runny.  I strain mine for a while and it's amazing how much liquid drains off.  I stir it back up and refrigerate til time to eat.

Honored Contributor

Breakstone's  cottage cheese is too soupy for my taste.  I prefer Crowley.  The curds are      Firmer and I don't have to drain off all that water.  The taste is excellent too.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ECBG You just stir it. I eat it every week. Therew no difference in taste between the package thwts firmer with no liquid and the packages that i get with liquid on top as longbas I stir it.

Honored Contributor

I don't like Breakstone either because there is too much liquid and not enough curd.  

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

@ECBG You just stir it. I eat it every week. Therew no difference in taste between the package thwts firmer with no liquid and the packages that i get with liquid on top as longbas I stir it.

@Mindy D 

I always stir it.  It was soup!

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

I always buy 1% cottage cheese. 4% is a lot of fat. 

Some people need the extra fat to try to gain weight, my husband is one of them and he would prefer not drink the ****** laden "nutrition" drinks or shakes.