Honored Contributor

While getting groceries today..........

we walked past a sub making area and the pizza sauce smell was SO good.  So, I was in the allrecipes section on line and got some other things to make with pizza sauce.

Calling all cooks.......what other than pizza, do you make at your house with pizza sauce.

I'm also watching a cooking contest on t.v. right now.  It's family vs. families.  It's really really interesting.  

Honored Contributor

Re: While getting groceries today..........

pour it over cooked spag, add onions and sprinkle with parm cheese

Maybe add a little basil leafs that come crushed up

Honored Contributor

Chicken or eggplant parm!

Esteemed Contributor

I make Pizza Pork Chops in the crock pot (got the recipe here many years ago). 

You can also buy a French loaf of bread, cut it in half and spread the sauce on one or both halves.  Then add Deli ham, Mozzarella Cheese, a little chopped onion or whatever you want.  Wrap it in foil and bake it in the oven until it's warmed through and the cheese has melted.  

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

I have even put some in my standard green tossed salad to give it an Italian flavor to it. 

I bought a jar myself a couple of months ago for making a pizza for myself from time to time, so other ways to use are nice to know.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Super Contributor

I just decided earlier today that I want to make this pizza dip on the weekend. I have made it several times before and it is delicious. We spread it on slices of soft French bread but you could put it on chips, crackers, or anything.

8 oz. cream cheese, 1 tsp. Italian seasoning, 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, 8 oz. jar pizza sauce

Mix together the cream cheese and Italian seasoning. Spread onto bottom of 8x8 inch casserole dish. Top with half of the Mozzarella and Parmesan cheese. Pour the pizza sauce on top of the cheese. Add the remaining cheese and sprinkle with more seasoning. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. 

Honored Contributor

You can use the sauce over zoodles.  (spiralized zucchini)  Or a combo of pasta and zoodles.

Honored Contributor

Use it for dipping garlic sticks.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

My dad used to make steak pizzaiola. There are a lot of recipes for it, but essentially it's steak (he used flank steak or London broil) that's cooked in pizza sauce.  I think he made it in the pressure cooker and it was fall-apart tender, but I can see making it in my slow cooker. 

~ house cat ~