Honored Contributor

Re: Which spoons do you use most? Teaspoon, soup spoon, cream soup spoon?

[ Edited ]

I use all of my spoons, depending on the job 

Mixing tall drinks like an electrolyte drink or iced coffee - Long iced tea spoon

Liquid collagen, measuring loose coffee into a personal kcup - Tablespoon 

Soup - Soup spoon 

Yogurt, desserts from a small bowl, mug of tea - teaspoon 

Some casseroles - Spork 

Honored Contributor

@nana59 and @SilleeMee Yes you are right!  We use iced teaspoons a lot!  I eat yogurt with them, we get things out of jars and we stir tea with them! 

I think we had a few when I was a kid but didn't use them much.

Esteemed Contributor

I found some really great in-between sized spoons.  Bigger than a tea, smaller than a table.  They had some name, maybe "dinner spoon" I don't know.  Just right and we use them a lot.  Great oval shape.  

And yes, I had to get these (though I'm glad I did) because we had lost so many teaspoons over the years.

Cogito ergo sum
Respected Contributor

@GenXmuse wrote:

I use teaspoons the most unless I'm eating soup or cereal. I also use salad forks instead of dinner forks. It does help me eat more slowly which helps my digestion. 

Eating with a salad fork is the best thing I have done since discovering sliced bread. LOL  The smaller fork makes such a difference!

Honored Contributor

@On It wrote:

@GenXmuse wrote:

I use teaspoons the most unless I'm eating soup or cereal. I also use salad forks instead of dinner forks. It does help me eat more slowly which helps my digestion. 

Eating with a salad fork is the best thing I have done since discovering sliced bread. LOL  The smaller fork makes such a difference!

@On It We use them so much we have some standing in a glass on the counter to grab.  We use them quite often for breakfast or fruit or something like that. 

Honored Contributor

Soup spoon.

Honored Contributor

@Sweetbay magnolia wrote:

I found some really great in-between sized spoons.  Bigger than a tea, smaller than a table.  They had some name, maybe "dinner spoon" I don't know.  Just right and we use them a lot.  Great oval shape.  

And yes, I had to get these (though I'm glad I did) because we had lost so many teaspoons over the years.

@Sweetbay magnolia Place spoons?

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't own cream soup spoons.  Never heard of them.  My flatware is old--45+ years--and it is true that this set is small.  I have flatware that is new and it is enormous and heavy. Can't  get used to it.

I use teaspoons the most.

Honored Contributor

We use teaspoons far more than soup spoons.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Trusted Contributor

We've also "also gotten used to the bigger sizes" in clothes, right? Smiley LOL

My mother's flatware set included iced tea spoons, too, but unless you want to stir in a lot of sugar, they don't seem very useful. Graceful, though. 

And my favorite aunt kept a cut glass spoon holder on her table, full of teaspoons. It was attractive and the spoons were in constant use, so it was very practical. I occasionally see a spoon holder in a vintage shop, but not often.

I reach for the teaspoons when I'm eating a small quantity of something like yoghurt, or when I want to slow down and take longer, or for getting things out of jars while I cook or eat. Like capers, or jam.  I'd say I use them in relation to soup spoons about 2:3.