Honored Contributor

Which spoons do you use most? Teaspoon, soup spoon, cream soup spoon?

It occurred to me recently that we hardly ever use teaspoons for anything but ice cream now.  When I was growing up you were supposed to get twice as many teaspoons because you used them often for soup, cereal and coffee stirring.

Now I reach for the bigger soup spoon or we use round-bowl cream soup spoons a lot to eat soups and cereal. 

I think back to the Oneida Paul Revere flatware set we got when we were married, in ancient times, and it seems so small now compared to a lot of the flatware today. And we have become used to the bigger sizes (husband is especially happy with that).

So I thought it would be interesting to see what others use most.  I would really miss the cream soup spoons if we didn't have them. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Which spoons do you use most? Teaspoon, soup spoon, cream soup spoon?

long handled iced tea spoon.....everytime i need a spoon!  just feels better in my hand....

Honored Contributor

I use long-handled teaspoons the most. With those I can reach the bottom of some containers. My tablespoons don't have long handles so I don't use those as much. I eat with regular teaspoons. My mouth is very small so those fit. LOL!

Esteemed Contributor

I use many more teaspoonsfor eating. Larger spoons mostly used to spoon out dog food from the can.  

Esteemed Contributor

Teaspoon.........................oatmeal, stirring tea, ice cream,etc

Honored Contributor

I would have to say a large serving spoon.

i don't even set the table with spoons anymore... just a knife and fork.

We really don't eat many foods that require a spoon, especially during the summer months.

Respected Contributor

Soup spoon

Esteemed Contributor

I use many different spoons but I would have to say teaspoons are what we use the most.  Those are always the most that are in the dishwasher!

Honored Contributor

I use teaspoons the most unless I'm eating soup or cereal. I also use salad forks instead of dinner forks. It does help me eat more slowly which helps my digestion. 

Respected Contributor

I happened to find a good amount of tasting spoons. They are about half the size of a teaspoon, with a short handle. I am amazed by how much I use them.