Respected Contributor

Re: Which one do you think is better --- Hostess or Tasty Cakes (Chocolate Cupcakes with Swirl)??

I don't know if I've ever had a Tastycake. 

I like the Hostess coffee cakes and Twinkies. I prefer my Twinkies frozen. Straight out of the freezer it gives the cake a firmer texture and the frozen cream is yummy.

Honored Contributor

Re: Which one do you think is better --- Hostess or Tasty Cakes (Chocolate Cupcakes with Swirl)??

@PinkyPetunia   Oh devil dogs - haven't have one OR TWO of these in years!!!!  Yeah, these are good too!

Frequent Contributor

I think it was Jerry Clower who used to say "You done flung a craving on me".  So, after reading this, I had to go to the kitchen  and get a Little Debbie Oatmeal Creme Pie.

Honored Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

@drizzellla   Well share and tempt us with what's in those boxes!!!  Do you find these at your local store(s)?

Chocolote Kreamie Juniors (Family 4 Pack).png

Buttercreme Iced Cupcakes (12 Pack).png

Yes, they are in every local grocery store. The Juniors are ONE of my husband's favorites. And the Buttercreme Cupkakes are currently a favorite of my son's. But I have on  occasion sneaked a package of the Cupkakes.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

We had hostess products as kids.  I don’t recall having tasty cakes here. Now I may have to check it out. We mainly had ho ho’s or their fruit pies. Probably will have to try a box.  Probably haven’t had them in 45 years. Good childhood memories.  My mom would split the pies in half for my sister and I for our lunches.  My brother got a whole pie, but he liked the banana flips?  I might have to google that.  

Esteemed Contributor

Tasty Cakes because no body bakes a cake as tasty as a Tasty Cake.  Love the chocolate cupcakes, Tandy Takes, Chocolate Juniors, and Butterscotch Krimpets.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Respected Contributor

I like the Hostess Snow Balls that I only seem to see around St Patrick’s Day in green and then Easter in pink. I have not purchased in a few years because not good on my diet. I do not think any Hostess product is as good as it once was when original Wonder Bread Company owned them. Often wonder if the company who bought Hostess also bought the rights to their recipes or just somehow duplicated them. Like many things they are definitely smaller in size. Grew up down the street from a Wonder Bread bakery that only made their bread, what a nice scent when they were baking the bread even though we were not particularly fond of eating it. They did have a retail store that sold all their products at “day old” price but we rarely went there. There was a man in our neighborhood who was a bread baker for Wonder and on Halloween he always gave out miniature loaves of their white bread. Memories!
Respected Contributor

I have always adored Hostess Cupcakes. 

What is amazing is that they still taste DELICIOUS.

(Now I really want them!)

Honored Contributor

@insomniac2 wrote:

I have always adored Hostess Cupcakes. 

What is amazing is that they still taste DELICIOUS.

(Now I really want them!)

I especially like the orange ones.  Not that they aren't all good, though.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Wendy Lou Hoo : Well- you had something in the house. I had to add everything to my next grocery list and never tried Tasty Cakes since Hostess products available in my area. ❤️Southern Bee