Esteemed Contributor

Re: Which one do you think is better --- Hostess or Tasty Cakes (Chocolate Cupcakes with Swirl)??

I've never had Tasty Cakes, so I guess my vote is with Hostess. 

If we were going for a prepackaged chocolate snack cake, the choice was Little Debbie Swiss Roll.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Which one do you think is better --- Hostess or Tasty Cakes (Chocolate Cupcakes with Swirl)??

Tastycakes are not widely distributed in the Southwest.  I only see them occasionally but I grab them when I do.  I always loved Tandytakes from my days in the Philly area.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I'd never heard of Tastycakes or the other one mentioned here, except for Little Debbie.  I always liked Hostess and Little Debbie, but haven't had any of them for years.   

Doughnuts are my poison, although I haven't had any for quite a while.   One of my favorite food groups (along with cheese!).   Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@catter70 wrote:

TastyKake peanut butter tandy cakes were always my favorite, though I haven't had them in years. They don't agree with my waist line.

I'm with you.   I broke down and ordered a box of them from Amazon last year and wow they were so good but I knew I couldn't eat them on a regular basis.  

It was a one and done purchase.   

Honored Contributor

Around this area of WV, it’s pretty much Hostess and Little Debbie, and I have favorites in both.   My first choice would be Hostess because of Twinkies and Ding Dongs.   

Respected Contributor

I'm addicted to these.

Entenmann's Mini Crumb Cakes Delicious 6ct Individually wrapped Snack 2 Boxes |

Honored Contributor

@Travone 

Oooops --- sorry about that!!!  I forgot about Ding Dongs!!!! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@on the bay 

Krimpettes??  Sounds familiar but I can't plae.  Yes, I know what you mean.  This virus has me thinking non-stop about sweet stuff.  Grrrr.....

Honored Contributor

@CelticCrafter 

I have heard of Drakes but don't think I've seen them in local stores.

Honored Contributor

@peachesncream 

Well -- those really look yummy!