Honored Contributor

Re: Which one do you think is better --- Hostess or Tasty Cakes (Chocolate Cupcakes with Swirl)??

Would you believe I've never had either one in my entire life?  My mother enforced healthy eating back in the 50's before it became a national obsession.  I just never got into the habit.  Unfortunately I did pick up a bunch of other bad ones.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Which one do you think is better --- Hostess or Tasty Cakes (Chocolate Cupcakes with Swirl)??

I don't think Tasty Cakes are in my area - but then I was a little kid

It was either Hostess or Drake's

don't know who makes it but my favs were Yodels in the freezer so I can remove the hard chocolate shell first - or the mini coffee cakes with crumb topping

also ate a lot of Twinkies and the Pink Snoball bc they are purdy - tried both as an adult and another childhood memory ruined - yuck but I think Yodels are still okay but admittedly haven't had one in years

Valued Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

Two words - butterscoth krimpettes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TastyKakes - wow haven't thought about the krimpettes for YEARS!!!!  I grew up in NJ, there was a small family owned grocery store just down the street from our house who sold Tastykakes Krimpettes. I LOVED these things. Every time we were there mom would let me get one pack of 3 all wrapped up in waxed paper!!!  Oh my, so good.

I was just going to order a box of these and a box of the jelly filled Krimpettes until I saw how much the s/h was. Oh well...

If you get the butterscotch krimpets, don't forget to rub the icing side on the counter before you open them so the icing doesn't come off on the wrapper. Oh the memories!

Respected Contributor

My favorite was Drake's Devil Dogs.  Haven't had one in ages.

Those treats that were so delicious years ago usually don't taste as good today.

Trusted Contributor

@AngelPuppy1   Tasty Cakes !!!!

Honored Contributor

My dad was a Tasty Cake route man all his working years.  I grew up eating them.  "Hostess" was a bad word in my house!!!Smiley Very Happy  I took my screen name after Krimpets, since that name was already taken.  I just modified it a bit!

Esteemed Contributor

I've never seen Tasty Cakes around here....not sure I've even ever heard of the brand.  However, I don't eat these types of  things so I don't  really pay attention at the grocery store.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Respected Contributor

Little Debbies.  My favorite were their jelly rolls and their frosted white cake novelties.  The frosted cake would be in a heart shape if it was near valentin'e day, or a star for the 4th of July, Christmas trees etc.

Valued Contributor

@PinkyPetunia  I have always thought Drake's makes the best snack cakes.  I just ordered Devil Dogs and Ring Dings in one of my Instacart orders -- for the first time in probably 40 years.  Good news!  Devil Dogs taste just as good as they ever did!!!!

Super Contributor

Tastykakes!!!!!!!