Honored Contributor

I can't decide which is more irritatating,  non-stop presentations of the Kitchenaid mixer or Paula Deen and her air fryer on Evine.  Running neck and neck do far.

After years of gorgeous Kitchenaid colors, why to they suddenly default to the ugly group they're presenting today? The only one I'd consider is the aqua.  Same with Paula's fryer except I wouldn't have any of those colors.

Definitely not a day for shopping channel viewing unless you love Joy Mangano.  Anyone?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I find the shows boring, but I just watch something else (i.e. Old Law and Order, there's always something else worth watching).

Honored Contributor

I'm surprised at the poor color choices on the Kitchenaid as well but I'm not buying anyway,

Paula Deen is a hoot!    She's got lots of personality.   I loved the green/sage color of her air fryer.    Again, not buying...,just my 2 cents.

I watched a couple of movies.

@Kachina624 wrote:

I can't decide which is more irritatating,  non-stop presentations of the Kitchenaid mixer or Paula Deen and her air fryer on Evine.  Running neck and neck do far.

After years of gorgeous Kitchenaid colors, why to they suddenly default to the ugly group they're presenting today? The only one I'd consider is the aqua.  Same with Paula's fryer except I wouldn't have any of those colors.

Definitely not a day for shopping channel viewing unless you love Joy Mangano.  Anyone?

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I noticed the lack of colors but for some reason the Professional 600 just doesn't have as many colors to offer and I don't know why.  I have this mixer, bought it about 10 years ago from a Brick & Mortar store and they only had one color, the Pearl Metallic (which is a gorgeous color, great with Stainless Steel appliances or black)....  and is offered today.  I remember this mixer being offered years ago and again, no real choice of colors.  I was especially surprised to not see a true Kitchenaid Red......

But this mixer is AWESOME!  I make a special cookie over the holidays with three kinds of chocolate and 3 kinds of nuts with only enough batter and liquid to (barely) hold the cookie together.  I used to do it by hand and decided one year that I was killing myself.  Bought this mixer and life has been great making this cookie!!  I have to stop it half way through so the motor cools down but it powers through a 5qt bowl of this mixture, which I couldn't do by hand~!  Worth.every.penny!!

If anyone's interested.... you won't be sorry.... Woman LOL 

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Esteemed Contributor

How many times can you re-invent an air fryer!!!  Time to invent another kitchen appliance that most of us don't need......

Honored Contributor

Oh goodness I almost posted a rant earlier today about how the Kitchenaid mixer and the Spiralizer took over ITKWD when QVC knew they had a full hour scheduled immediately afterward.  It's a three hour show and virtually half of it was dedicated to the TSV's.  To be honest, I gave up after an hour between the travel mugs and the set of kitchen shears with gift boxes.  I ended up spending most of my day on Evine with Paula Deen's air fryer (which I have to say was a lovely value) and a backlog of DVR shows.  

I hate to say this as I so appreciate that QVC allows us to chat on these boards but their kitchen/cooking shows have (for me) so routine within 20 minutes I have moved on which makes me sad as I always looked forward to ITKWD I truly did . . . Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

I just have to mention yet again, I've never owned a stand mixer.  For years I've made double batches of cookies, always make doubles, using a little GE hand mixer that is over 50 years old.  I did buy a Kitchenaid hand mixer a few years ago because I loved the color.  It, too, will mix double batches of cookies.  However, if you're a baker, I understand the yen for Big Daddy.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

@Q4u

I just have to ask - is the recipe for your cookies online somewhere? It sounds SCRUMPTIOUS!! Thanks! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@DiamondGirly wrote:

@Q4u

I just have to ask - is the recipe for your cookies online somewhere? It sounds SCRUMPTIOUS!! Thanks! Smiley Happy

I wish there was... I took short cuts years ago and part of the cookie is a basic Betty Crocker cookie mix that I added an entire package of milk chocolate chips, semi-sweek chocolate chips and white chocolate chips.  I also added chopped pecans, walnuts and either slivered almonds or shaved.  Then added butter (like "I can't believe it's not butter"... whatever eggs the Betty Crocker packages called for and a little water.  The consistency is very thick and sticky.  I actually undercook them a little and are done in about 10 or 11 minutes, but I can't guarantee them because I wrote down and gave a friend of mine what I did with these, she said she did the same things and accused me of leaving out something, which I didn't....   if you try it, they will look "wet" when you take them out and will harden as they cool off....

I've made them for about 30 years now and it's like eating candy..... good luck!  

Honored Contributor

My amounts that I use in my 5qt bowl are two BC cookie mixes and then I start dumping in the candy and nuts, then the eggs, a little water (you can add a little more at a time) and the soft butter..... good luck, I'd start with a really small batch first.... Woman LOL