Honored Contributor

Which LeCreuset piece is your favorite?

There might be enough fun money in the budget next month for me to buy something for the kitchen. I've been itching to buy a LeCrueset piece for a long, long time.

I'm wondering if I'd be better with a large round Dutch oven or an oval one.

I'd love insight from those of you who use them.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

Re: Which LeCreuset piece is your favorite?

I'd have to say my 7 1/4 qt round. But I wish I'd bought the 9 qt. Sometimes could use the extra space. Second favorite is the large cast iron ( not the ceramic) gratin pan. Oh and the tart tatin pan is so perfect for pineapple upside down cake. So easy to flip. But it's also great as a cake pan, for cinnamon rolls, dinner rolls, coffee cake ect.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Esteemed Contributor

My Le Creuset collection is all cast iron. Over time, I bought Buffet Casseroles, skillets, a round french oven, a saucier, an au gratin dish, a grill pan, roasters, pots and other stuff.

The soup pot is the most recent addition.

My favorite is the buffet casserole. It can be used for everything.

If you aren't used to cast iron, it's heavy and heavier when filled with liquid.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Honored Contributor

My first was a 3 1/2 qt round that I bought on clearance at Marshall's. But it is too small for many things even though I am single and cook for 1.

I then bought a 9 quart (I think it's 9, it's marked 30 inside the lid and it's 12" diameter). I leave it on my stove top because it weights a ton. It's the one I use all the time and it is able to hold everything I've made in it (or tried to make in it) so far. I don't think I need a bigger one.

I have a skillet that I never use and I'm sorry I bought it. It's oval and goes across 2 burners.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Regular Contributor

I love my 9 quart round, Le Creuset, enameled, cast iron Dutch oven. I almost went smaller but didn't and glad of it.
Respected Contributor

It sure is heavy.Smiley Happy. My favorite has to be my Dutch Oven, it's about 36 years old now. My only other piece is a 13 x 9 .
Trusted Contributor

Either Le Creuset 9 quart Dutch oven or set of 3 stoneware bakers....nothing sticks to either the oven or bakers. Easiest cleanup on the planet! Love Le Creuset.
Honored Contributor

It looks like the consensus here is for the round Dutch oven and to go as big as possible. I'm not sure if that money will wind up spent on something else, but it's nice to think about getting a new kitchen toy!

~ house cat ~
Esteemed Contributor

There's an outlet off of the 5 freeway in LA. That's where I got most of my collection.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Respected Contributor

I have both a round one and also an oval one (Dutch ovens) and love them both! It depends on what you are going to make in it. I make pot roasts and all sorts of recipes in mine. They are a great investment.