Regular Contributor

Re: Which Le Creuset Pieces do You Use Most?

[ Edited ]
Le Creuset 2-Piece Stoneware Charcuterie Set - K65299

Cerise 
I'm looking forward to receiving these. Anybody already have them? 
Honored Contributor

My large Dutch oven, my 2 quart Dutch oven,  cassadou and braiser are in near constant rotation.  I gave my oval skillet to my son because I rarely used it.

Screen Shot 2022-10-24 at 4.54.26 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-10-24 at 4.49.28 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-10-24 at 4.52.13 PM.png

These are the colors that I own. I never cared to match them, thankfully, because they seem to retire colors very quickly.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

I use the pots more than the pans, but I use all of it a lot.  Multiple pieces daily for sure.

Respected Contributor

@chickenbutt 

The buyer pays the shipping!!!

Honored Contributor

@Renata22 wrote:

I have a few pieces. I got the hibiscus in a few things before it was discontinued. Smiley Sad

I mostly use one to cook roasts all day. Nothing seems to do the job as well as that. I think it's a 5 quart or so, just the right size for a roast. I use my mom's magnalite for gumbo, and the lc for roasts. Thanks, Sooner, for the cornbread tidbit. I will try that with the grill pan I have. It's a lid for one of the pots I got. :0)

@Renata22 Sounds good!  Oil it well and go for it!

Honored Contributor

@vaberry wrote:
Le Creuset 2-Piece Stoneware Charcuterie Set - K65299

Cerise 
I'm looking forward to receiving these. Anybody already have them? 

@vaberry I have both pieces, but never thought of using them together.  We use that try a lot. 

Respected Contributor

@peachesncream wrote:

I only have one enameled cast iron pot, a 5 quart Staub Dutch oven - from QVC back when they carried them for a very reasonable price ($50 as I recall). I love it and use it a lot.

The thing I like about enameled cast iron is that I can brown food on the cooktop (round steak, stew, baked beans) and then put the piece in the oven. It also keeps food warm while serving.

I would like something a bit smaller, maybe 3-1/2 or 4 quart. I've had my eye on this 4 quart Staub pot. I like the idea of a glass lid. It's on Amazon at a good price right now..

I bought that Staub TSV in yellow, I use it so often but man it's heavy even when empty.  But it certainly was a steal at the price we paid for it, AND it's made in France.  Love this little red pot you posted.

I did purchase a LC TSV awhile ago because I thought I was missing out.  Hooray to those that love it, but I just don't see what the hype is other than they are pretty to look at.  I used it 2 or 3 times and then put it away. I actually prefer my Cooks Essentials or Calphalon.

Honored Contributor

I own several pieces , but don't use them often.  I really don't care for cast iron cookware.

I have one oval vessel still in the box...never used.  It was a gift.

Valued Contributor

I use the 5 QT Dutch oven for soups and pasta sauces quite often. I also enjoy the brazier for chicken dishes that start on the stove that goes into the oven, but what I use the most is the frypan for making eggs. It's stays permanently on my stovetop. I purchased the grill pan years ago and may have used it only about twice. 

Trusted Contributor

@Sooner 

@Sooner wrote:

For the 2 of us we use the 5.25 quart deep one a lot, as well as the 4 and 5 qt. round ones.  We also use the grill pans often both for grilling and baking cornbread (those ridges make great cornbread).

We use the oval 5.5 and 4.5 quart ovens pretty often, plus the round 3.5 quart often. We used to use the large wide round one for parties.

We use the smaller braisers too for chicken and rice dishes and as roasting pans.  We use their spatulas, mugs, silicone pads, tools for non-stick pans, and cream and sugar sets often.  Also some pitchers.

I'd love to know what colors you have....your collection sounds fabulous
Cat Very Happy

Cat Very HappyHeartCat Very Happy

FURBABIES ARE THE BREATH OF LIFE