Respected Contributor

Re: Which Is Your Favorite Doughnut⁰ And Brand?

None.  Don’t want to become a diabetic. 

Trusted Contributor

Bavarian creme filled and good old chocolate covered from a bakery! 

Honored Contributor

DH picked up 2 blueberry donuts from a local donut shop. Yum. We just ate them for lunch.

Blueberry Donut.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

I have to add Duck Donuts. They were originally from the Outer Banks N C. In a place called Duck. Now we have a local branch.

They are not cheap but made fresh to order. Cake donuts with choice of icings, sprinkles etc. My favorite is maple iced with coconut. (Still like Krispy Kreme better!)

Respected Contributor

When I lived in NJ there was a bakery that sold the most amazing donuts.  They had a very light cream center (not sugary) and were light as air.  Always sold out.  Sad to say that bakery closed. 

Honored Contributor

@ScrapHappy wrote:

When I lived in NJ there was a bakery that sold the most amazing donuts.  They had a very light cream center (not sugary) and were light as air.  Always sold out.  Sad to say that bakery closed. 

@ScrapHappy   My Dad used to bring home donuts from the bakery on Sundays. This was in the late fifties, early sixties. The cream donuts, as we called them, were our favorites.

Respected Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@ScrapHappy wrote:

@ScrapHappy   My Dad used to bring home donuts from the bakery on Sundays. This was in the late fifties, early sixties. The cream donuts, as we called them, were our favorites.

My Dad did the same.  There was a donut place called Micky's he used to stop at.  the bakery I had mentioned was called Mendoker's, it was in Jamesburg.  Their cream donuts were insane!  It wasn't over sugary and was more of a whipped than a heavier cream.  Delicious!

Honored Contributor

I haven’t had a doughnut in over 7 years, but if calories were non existent I’d eat a Dunkin Donuts Bavarian Cream. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

I can't remember the last time I had a doughnut but if I had to chose it would be Krispy Kreme right out the fryer - not the ones sold in grocery strores.  The glazed is the only one I have ever tasted.  

Respected Contributor

Sad to admit I am not really big on donuts.  So I guess it is a good thing there aren't any speciality donut shops near.  DH get his at the local Giant Eagle grocery store.   However, I have eaten Krispy Creme, Duck Donuts and Donut Connection when vacationing.  My favorite donut is plain sugared raised if they are fresh.  My mom used to make sugar raised when we were kids.  Now those were good!