Honored Contributor

Re: Which Is Your Favorite Doughnut⁰ And Brand?

I don't really like donuts.  

Weird, I know.

Esteemed Contributor

My favorite doughnut,since I was a kid is Entenmann’s chocolate frosted doughnuts 🍩.Every so often I treat myself & buy a box.Yummy!!

Honored Contributor

Re: Which Is Your Favorite Donught And Brand?

[ Edited ]

@Mary Bailey wrote:

hmmmmm  I can't think of a donut that I didn't like!

@Mary Bailey   I concur.

I guess if I had to pick a few favorites:

Entenmann's - raspberry filled inside-powdered sugar outside and the last time I had one was back before I got married in 2000. I remember how disappointed I was when they stopped making them

Entenmann's - rich chocolate frosted

Dunkin Donuts - chocolate glazed (not frosted), the chocolate & vanilla cream filled (the ones filled with a cream like air whipped frosting), and the good ole' jelly donut.

Sadly, I haven't had a donut since before September...sigh...DH & I having to live a new low carb lifestyle.

Honored Contributor

I'm a Dunkin Donuts customer, when I want a donut or coffee.  They discontinued my favorite (chocolate butternut), but they have a new one that's an equal favorite:  glazed lemon.

My friend and I tried Krispy Kreme once when we were in Nashville and neither of us liked it (I guess it was the original glazed ring donut?).  Too sweet and seemed pretty lightweight.  Don't know how else to describe it.

A Krispy Kreme has just recently opened in a nearby small city, but I haven't bothered to try them again.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

dont care for krispy kremes at all......interestingly, most of them have closed in our area. the only place to buy them is convenience stores.

we have local doughnut shops that are good and very fresh. made while you wait......rise, the fractured prune, and sandy pony.  i do also like dunkin donuts.

the best "close to a donut" is a beignet from cafe du monde in new orleans. they beat any donut by a mile. they are addictive.....i think it is something in the powdered sugar. LOL Smiley LOL

beignet.jpg

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

We buy them from a local donut shop when we buy them. They also sell coffees, teas, gelato, sandwiches, soups, salads, goodies etc.

I love their Blueberry Cake Donut. YUM!!! Best I have ever ate. My favorite used to be Chocolate Cake Donut but it's now in second place. LOL!!!

Glazed donuts are good cut in half with butter on them heated in the air fryer.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

In the south we seem to have mainly Krispy Kreme and Duncan Doughnuts, (which I don't buy).

I love the glazed with white cream filling from Krispy Kreme. The regular glazed are good, but cream filled is a real treat!!!!!

I love Dough Boys.  There are two where I live.  Their donuts are the best.Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I'm not a donut fan.   I don't like Krispy or Dunkin at all.  I don't like those glazed donuts and don't like filled donuts.

The only donut style I like is the old fashioned cake donut and I'm picky about them.   The best for me are found at an East Coast convenience store called WaWa.   They are sooooo good.   I'll never have one again since we no longer live there.   

Respected Contributor

Dunkin Donuts Jelly!  The only one I ever buy!

Trusted Contributor

We have a local donut shop that makes the most amazing Maple Bars....they don’t use a maple glaze....they make this incredible maple buttercream frosting....it’s like nothing I’ve ever tasted. The donuts are light as clouds....and that frosting....well, eating just one is impossible!!!