Valued Contributor

Re: Which Host Does The Best Job

I agree Roll Tide Roll, although David doesn't bother me I really like Mary's new show. She doesn't speak over her guests and everyone seems much more at ease and relaxed with her. On other shows I feel like the vendors talk so fast to be able to get in what they need to say before they're interrupted.

Super Contributor

@Perkup wrote:

I prefer kitchen/food shows to any of the others because I don't have to worry about sizing being different or wrong for me. To be honest, I can't watch DV - too much talking with mouth full, too silly.  Tired of the constant "How many in this show?" Is this an ego trip or something? 

Perkup, no it's not an ego trip, it's a sales tactic. They want us to think, "Oh wow, this product is selling fast, I better order this right away before it sells out." It also says, "Hey, lots of people think this is a great product, so it's okay that you think so too. You'll probably want to buy it."

Trusted Contributor

@Krimpette

Amen!!!!    And high five!

@Krimpette wrote:

I can't watch the current food shows when SF and DW are on.  They both act like they've never seen food before.  I just used to check "items recently on air" (when that was working!).

~Breathe In~ Breathe Out~ Move On~
Honored Contributor

@cancun08 wrote:

@Krimpette

Amen!!!!    And high five!

@Krimpette wrote:

I can't watch the current food shows when SF and DW are on.  They both act like they've never seen food before.  I just used to check "items recently on air" (when that was working!).

Same here.  I like David, but he spends way too much time reviewing the colors available.   I do not watch the shows that are "Food Fests" as I'm not interested in the prepared food and don't care for the lack of table manners.   I do like the other kitchen shows but wish they would bring in more new items.  Tired of same ol' Temptations, steaks, pitchers w/insert for fruit, silicone mats, etc.

Honored Contributor

Food shows= Mary