Honored Contributor

Re: Which Host Does The Best Job

Dan is a favorite of mine. Jill does a good job describing food items.

Respected Contributor

JIll. She seems the only one that has some manners when it comes to biting and chewing. Small nibbles, covering her mouth, swallowing before talking... etc.

I do believe a few of the hosts are just darn right gross sometimes, not mentioning any names... 

I do not watch too many of the food shows anyhow for that reason. Besides, I just buy my food at my local stores and not off of TV anyhow.

-Texas Hill Country-
Respected Contributor

I like Mary D. She is a great host on any show she is hosting.

Honored Contributor

I have no idea who the hosts even are! I really don't watch. If I shop, I view the items online but I gave up buying from the Q many, many years ago so I don't even know who any of the hosts are. 

"Pure Michigan"
Valued Contributor

I agree, although I'm sure he's a very nice man I just can't take how he constantly talks over the vendors in all his shows.  He's one of many that do it and it's awful. I can't understand why the shows producers don't address this.

Super Contributor

i think they all pretty much do a good job , hard to eat and talk. I don't worry about the food handling , its sales and entertainment ,nothing more .

Respected Contributor

@software  Well, they are not serving the food; they are just presenting it for sale on TV.  This aside, I think Mary Beth does it best - always gets a fork and doesn't use her fingers.

What is IRL????

Honored Contributor

IRL = in real life, as opposed to forums or TV

Yes, they are serving food to each other. When you hand food from one to another, that's serving food.   

And they don't always use a utensil.   But it's not just QVC.

@CLEM wrote:

@software  Well, they are not serving the food; they are just presenting it for sale on TV.  This aside, I think Mary Beth does it best - always gets a fork and doesn't use her fingers.

What is IRL????

Respected Contributor

I've been really impressed with Mary.  I'd really rather watch her than David with his stupid happy dance.

Respected Contributor

I think quite a few of them are pretty bad, lol, however, I think Carolyn is the worst.  She always talks with her mouth full.  Doesn't even try to not be disgusting about it.  I understand they have to talk, but at least don't talk as soon as you take a big bite of something.  LOL, Sharon seems to describe everything the same way.  Never have cared for Mary and we don't get any other QVC channels, so won't get her cooking shows. She is one of a few hosts and vendors that go on there with long hair hanging around.  To me, that's gross.  As others have said, Jill is probably the best one with the food.