Esteemed Contributor

Re: Which BBQ Sauce is Your Favorite?

Picked up a bottle of Nature Made organic bbq sauce at Aldi's, and it was the best!

About halfway down the bottle I wanted to get more for the pantry, but it was all gone. I checked three local ALDI stores.

I keep watching for it to come back.

I think mine was Honey.

18b8294ba017fa429efb1b19c64981400ead6b12.jpg

Honored Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

Not just because it is made in Oklahoma, Head Country Original is by far my favorite!  

I like it because it isn't as sweet, not as thick and sticky, and has just the right amount of "zip" to it for us.  

I am not a fan of so many sauces that are really sweet and syrup-like.  I don't care for a lot of artificial smoke either. 

So what do you like best?  I'm already anticipating bbq weather!  LOL!!

Years ago I tried a free sample packet of Head Country bbq sauce and I was hooked. I live in Michigan and no one carries it here. I buy it off of Amazon. I won't use any other bbq sauces! Head Country is the BEST!!

@ID2  Well, glad to hear that.  We think it is a more traditional sauce, not so sweet and thick, and really lets the bbq flavor ot meat shine through.   I don't know of anything else like it on the market now.   Maybe I just haven't tried enough of them.  

Frequent Contributor

Nothing from a bottle makes me happy, so I make my own:

1 cup ketchup

1 T. worcestershire

4 T. brown sugar

1 t. lemon juice

1 t. prepared mustard

pinch of allspice

Respected Contributor

@DeeJoyce   I'm not fond of the commercial sauces either, although I have used them, in a pinch.   I use a dash of Tabasco, too.

I make a sauce very much akin to the one you posted.  When I didn't have a lemon or its juice handy I've subbed apple cider vinegar.

Respected Contributor

@Sooner Sweet baby Rays. THe brown-sugar.

Respected Contributor

@blackhole99The easier the better for me. 

Honored Contributor

@BeccaLou wrote:

@Sooner Sweet baby Rays. THe brown-sugar.

@BeccaLou   You can have it!  I am not a big fan of those really sweet sauces.  

Honored Contributor

I received a sample years ago of Head Country bbq sauce and we were hooked! They don't sell it around here so I always have to order it online when we need it. It's definitely worth the extra effort!

"Pure Michigan"
Trusted Contributor

Our favorite is Sweet Baby Ray’s with honey, especially on baby back ribs.

Honored Contributor

Head Country is the best hands down. We also use Sweet Baby Ray's Original. Don't care for the brown sugar.

If you like Head Country BBQ Sauce don't forget to try their Head Country Seasoning. It's also good. We use it plus their bbq sauce on ribs, brisket etc. Can you say YUM!!! LOL!!!

DH is making ribs on the Pit Boss today using it. Can't wait.

Made wings the other day.

Wings on Pellet Grill.jpg