Honored Contributor

Re: Which Area Grocery Store Has The Best Deli Where You Live?

We have a lovely little Amish store that has the very best fresh lunchmeat! We only go there when we're in the mood for something different for lunch.

"Pure Michigan"
Valued Contributor

Fresh Market has great daily and weekly specials.

The rotisserie chickens are $6.00 on Thursday as well as fresh made pizza and nut loaf 2/3.99.

On Tuesday, "Chuck and Cluck", ground beef or chicken breast for $3.99 a lb. The 1 lb chicken salad and 4 free croissants is another day.

But, for a splurge on Saturday, chateaubriand filet mignon 2 9oz for $25.00. Better than a fancy restaurant!

Check online for many weekly and daily specials.

Valued Contributor

I worked at the deli in my local Harmons. It was great, and has lots of choices. A friend took me to her NEW Harmons and the deli there was even better. Good place for last minute dinner ideas, and if you like charcuterie trays.

Respected Contributor

@ECBG I live in a small town with one working red light and one family owned grocery.  We sometimes drive to Oxford, MS to Kroger to their deli and make an outing out of the road trip,, 52 miles round trip for us.

Respected Contributor

Sprouts Produce is the best deli market here. They carry Boars Head turkey which we like and is almost always out of stock at Kroger. I have never been brave enough to ever buy anything from the WM deli. 

Respected Contributor

I like the Canadian bacon at Costco since I can freeze the four packs and take out only one at a time to use for breakfast. I have bought their cold cuts but we can never seem to use it all and most doesn't do well being frozen,  so I buy smaller amounts at Sprouts.

Respected Contributor

Went to Kroger deli today to get Boars Head Sausalito turkey, DH's favorite. The guy behind the counter said they had no turkey of any kind due to the bird virus...eek! 

Frequent Contributor

In my area I like the Publix deli the best.  I try many of their items, quiche, cobb salads, soups, chicken salad, prepared sandwiches, etc, and usually am pleased with them and I like the Boars Head deli meat. 

I tried the Costco rotisserie chicken when I went along with a friend, but I like the taste of the Publix rotisserie chicken much better. 

Janet in Georgia