Trusted Contributor

Re: Where is the canned pumpkin?

[ Edited ]

Walmart.

~Life is short. So eat well. You could die tomorrow. ~

Honored Contributor

@peachesncream  I give my dog a fourth of a cup of pumpkin daily and order if from either Walmart or Amazon.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I also use it for our dog Kingston and have had no problem finding it in my local Publix or Kroger.

I just recently bought 4 cans, Libby's and store brands were available.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

I bought a can of Libby's a couple weeks ago at Wegman's. I mix it in with my cat's wet food. There was none of Wegman's store brand available. I will need more, though, for my yearly pumpkin pie.

Valued Contributor

Canned pumpkin has been unavailable for months!  It is aggravating.  One of the things I use it for is adding a teaspoon to my dog's meals.  They've had it forever.  I have four more cans and don't know if we'll be able to get more.  They also get no salt canned green beans in their meals and those have been very scarce.

I love all things pumpkin. 

Honored Contributor

No shortage here in central Alabama

Respected Contributor

SW Missouri--went to three stores yesterday looking for it as one of our pups needs it every day.  He had 1.5 cans left, but I wasn't comfortable being that low in supplies as Wal-Mart (cheapest place to get it) hasn't shown it being available in weeks.  I went into the store last week, and nope--none there.  So yesterday, I went to three stores and the last store had about 2 dozen 15-ounce cans of their house brand (Best Choice)...no other brand or size available. I've actually purchased it before, and it is good.  I bought 12 cans even though it pained me to pay twice as much per can as I do at Wal-Mart.  But if it should continue to be difficult to find, I am good through at least December.  And if it does become available again at Wal-Mart, I will probably buy some to put back.

Respected Contributor

I haven't been able to find it for about 3 months.  I tried ordering some online from Walmart, but when I went to pickup my order, they said it was not available.

I've seen the pumpkin pie mix at Aldis but I'm looking for the plain pumpkin.  When I finally am able to buy some, I'm stocking up because I use it all year long.

Now I hear that air purifiers are now nearly impossible to find.  That makes sense with all the smoke from the fires lately - good thing I already had one and had purchased one for my son about 3 months ago.

I guess it just pays to stock up on just about everything now. 

......You look like I need a drink.....
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I read that the pumpkin shortage this year is mainly due to cold weather and flooding which killed off much of the pumpkin plants in the ground. Then what little remains is further affected by covid in processing that.

Super Contributor

@SharkE @I do the same thing with vanilla and rum extract.