Valued Contributor

Re: Where is the Temptations line made..which country? It simply says ""imported"". TIA

On 2/20/2014 LAW51 said:

Hello all,

I have heard so much about the quality of TT going down, It really started to concern me as I have bought several pieces from TT and since have not bought any more, however knock on wood, never had an issue. I always read the reviews, but seemed the good things out weighed the bad, so ordered anyway. I also read a lot of comments about the look and the painting, I know they are all had painted (so they say) and I have a few that have some swirl marks or swoosh marks as I like to call them, so very light you can hardly tell, it kind of adds a little bit of charm to the piece I think.

To me personally nothing is freezer to oven safe, I don't care what your using, that kind of temperature change is not good for anything. If I make anything ahead like that, I have always brought any dish that said fridge, freezer to oven safe to room temp before putting it in an oven and never put it in a really hot oven. After all the comments about breaking and shattering etc. I stopped using them to bake in.

Its all about buyer beware on anything we purchase as we all know.

I too, have a few TT that have slight painting marks,etc. on them. Nothing that is really bothersome to me and would never be noticed by others when serving out of them. I agree with you about the freezer straight to the oven remarks..I think this is where common sense comes in, I know I have never went from freezer to a hot oven before with any kind of dish! Maybe some have but I would never and have always waited until the dish was room temp. before putting in oven. Even if you don't bake in them, they are beautiful to use as serving dishes, I do bake in them & so far haven't had any problems!

Yes, as with anything these days, buyer beware! do your homework on everything!

New Contributor

Re: Where is the Temptations line made..which country? It simply says ""imported"&quo

I know this is an old thread, but I just have been wondering.  I know that Temp-Tations are made in China, and I also know that there have been problems with the quality.  I don't understand why they don't open a facility to manufacture the product here.  There would be no tariffs, and there are plenty of people in this country who could do the job.  They also might be able to produce more of the line that people are interested in - the Pumpkin Patch, for example, sells out quickly, because they only make a certain amount and it's imported.  If it were made here, they could produce more on demand, since it wouldn't have to be shipped anywhere but the individual's home in the USA.

Super Contributor

Re: Where is the Temptations line made..which country? It simply says ""imported"&quo

She is the designer of her brand. I have noticed that you will see something simular everywhere just like anything else. If something is popular there will be knock offs just like all the top designer brands. We need to stop acting like people are not telling the truth. we see copies of things everyday. Most of all goods are produced overseas, she even stated that she was going on a trip to check out her designs.

Esteemed Contributor

@kibbi wrote:

mominohio, ITA with everything you said. I got married in '78 and had received pyrex casserole dishes that came in a wicker basket. Also have the old pyrex casseroles with the flat glass lids . I always thought TT reminded me of that concept.

BTW, I'm a mom in Ohio too!

@kibbi  @mominohio  I'm a mom in Ohio, too Smiley Happy