New Contributor

Where is Jan Mueller's Broccoli Cheese (Vitamix) soup recipe?

I have looked through the Vitamix section, and Jan is not listed as a "guest host" under recipes (he SHOULD be) ... when he did the broccoli soup on TV on Sunday, he did not give quantities.  He said all recipes can be found on QVC's website, but I cannot find it.  Can some help me by giving me the link?  It had milk, "white beans" to thicken (Jan said), onions, steamed broccoli (I'm roasting mine for richer flavor), cheese ... not sure on the amounts, or if I'm missing something.  Thank you for your help!

Respected Contributor

Re: Where is Jan Mueller's Broccoli Cheese (Vitamix) soup recipe?

[ Edited ]

K48747 Go to the TSV Vitamix and click on recipes above the description and recipes are all there that you will need.

The Broccoli Cheese Soup is there also.

I will make that myself when my new Vintage Mint Vitamix arrives.

Trusted Contributor

Search above for Vitamix.  Right where the description of the Vitamix is, you will find a both Jill’s Recipes and a section labeled just Recipes.  Jan’s recipes are available through the recipes link.  Those recipes are in alphabetical order.

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thank you, but he said when he was making it that he used "white beans" to thicken it .... this is not the same recipe he used on TV during the demo, because I recorded it.  He just didn't give any quantities.  Where is the one with white beans??

Respected Contributor

It didn’t look like more than a cup of white beans he added. I did see one with the beans and don’t remember any white beans in the other presentaions. It only was to thicken the soup. Add the amount that you would need to get to the consistency you would like.

Try the Vitamix site or even on Pinterest as they have lots of Vitamix recipes and hints using the Vitamix.

Honored Contributor

He always changes up the recipes so they are never the same as what is posted. What he makes is not posted & has never been available online any place that I know of.

Guess he's not posting because he is using a Vitamix recipe or another online recipe which he changes to make his own?

You have to watch the shows to see what he adds but they don't always tell you plus when I watched you never knew how much of what he was using.

Respected Contributor

@Laurie Ann I found the beans are in the mushroom soup in the recipes. Jan did so many recipes that day I couldn’t remember it was the mushroom soup until I went through all his recipes.

My Vitamix will be here today. Can’t wait. I am going shopping for several recipe ingredients.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MKR14 wrote:

@Laurie Ann I found the beans are in the mushroom soup in the recipes. Jan did so many recipes that day I couldn’t remember it was the mushroom soup until I went through all his recipes.

My Vitamix will be here today. Can’t wait. I am going shopping for several recipe ingredients.

@MKR14@Laurie Ann

Mushroom Soup Ingredients 

3 cups crimini mushrooms sautéed with fresh thyme in EVO 

1 cup Veg stock 

1 cup plain almond milk (unsweetened) 

3 oz. cannellini white beans 

½ tsp salt 

1 roasted clove of garlic 

Garnish with sautéed mushrooms and minced fresh thyme.

ADD INS for pulse: halved sautéed mushrooms and sautéed sliced onions.

Directions

1. Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.

2. Select Variable 1.

3. Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.

4. Blend for 4-5 minutes or until heavy steam escapes from the vented lid.

There is also a White Bean Puree listed if you want that recipe.

Chef's Tip:
  • This sumptuous, velvety purée can be served with hearty main dishes like braised lamb shank or as a dip with crostini.
White Bean Purée

Prep time: 20 minutes plus 24 hours if soaking beans/plus cooking of fresh, soaked beans. Makes 3 cups.

Ingredients:
  • 1-1/2 cups dried great Northern beans
  • 1 medium white onion, peeled, cut into small diced pieces
  • 1 medium carrot, cut into small diced pieces
  • 1 celery rib, cut into small diced pieces
  • 1 garlic clove, peeled, smashed
  • 2 sprigs fresh thyme
  • 1 bay leaf
  • 5–6 cups chicken stock or water; more if needed for cooking beans
  • To finish the purée:
  • 1/2 cup heavy cream
  • 1 tsp fresh thyme leaves
  • 1 garlic clove, peeled & minced
  • Coarse salt and ground black pepper, as needed
  • Few drops extra virgin olive oil
Preparation:
    • Soak the beans overnight or, alternately, use the quick-soak method: Place them in a pot, cover with water, and bring to a boil over high heat. Remove the pot from the heat and set aside, covered, for 1 hour.

• Drain the beans and transfer them to a 2-quart saucepan with the onion, carrot, celery, smashed garlic, thyme sprigs, bay leaf, and 5 cups chicken stock or water.

• Season the beans with salt and ground black pepper and bring them to a boil over high heat. Immediately lower the heat and simmer for 90 minutes, or until very tender. If the mixture becomes dry, add some additional stock or water. Drain the beans in a colander. Pick out and discard the thyme sprigs and bay leaf.

• To finish the purée, warm the beans and vegetables in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add the cream, thyme leaves, and minced garlic to the pan and season with salt and pepper. Raise the heat to high, bring the beans to a boil, and then lower to a simmer. Cook until the cream is reduced and almost dry on the beans and the beans are heated through, 4—5 minutes.

• Transfer the bean mixture to the Vitamix container and secure lid. Select Low speed. Turn machine on and then switch to High speed. Blend for 1 minute, using the tamper to press the ingredients into the blades. Add a few drops of oil until the purée glistens slightly.

• Adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper as needed. Select Low speed. Use the On/Off switch to quickly pulse mixture just to combine.

• If making in advance, cool the purée in a large stainless steel bowl and set it in another bowl filled with ice water. Transfer the beans to an airtight container after they've cooled and refrigerate them for up to 2 days. To warm the purée before you serve it, put a thin layer of water in a sauce pan, bring the bean purée to room temperature, and then warm it in a pan over medium-high heat.

• Recipe provided by the Culinary Institute of America.

Broccoli Cheddar Soup

Ingredients-

• 2 cups (480 ml) milk
  • 1 cup (120 g) cheddar cheese, shredded
  • 3 cups (270 g) broccoli florets, cooked
  • 2 teaspoons onion, peeled, diced
  • 1 vegetable bouillon cube
  • ¼ of canned cannellini white beans added, (drained and rinsed).

Directions-

1. Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
  2. Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed.
  3. Blend for 7 minutes 30 seconds, or until heavy steam escapes from the vented lid.

Notes-

This recipe can easily be doubled in the 64-ounce Low-Profile Container, to save for leftovers

QVC Customer Care

This thread is blocked for new replies because it was bumped up from 2019. Please start a new thread