Respected Contributor

Re: Where do you store your tea bags?

@house_cat   I haven't noticed any of the flavors blending, and the only ones not in the little paper packets are the Harley brand ones that come in a tin. 

I am not a tea connoisseur and others may notice, but it's never been a problem for me. 

......You look like I need a drink.....
Valued Contributor

This is not necessarily a clever idea, but I store mine in my square L&L and keep the containers stacked on a shelf.   

Respected Contributor

I've always read that tea should be stored away from light, So I buy loose tea in tins from Harney Tea. And I keep my loose tea from Upton Tea in their pouches. 

Respected Contributor

@house_cat  All my boxes of Celestial Seasonings Tea fit in a CD rack next to my stove. It is 5 3/4 " wide and 4" 10" tall.

It has seven shelves and each shelf can hold two tea boxes. The top shelf can hold three. On the other side of my stove is an identical CD rack that holds spices and herbs.

Honored Contributor

They're in Lock & Lock, of course!  Smiley Very Happy  I have it in a cabinet with other food type items.  

That said, however, I'm pretty boring as to my tea usage.   I can only drink a cup of tea if the weather is very cold and/or if I'm very sick and tea sounds good.   We have less and less cold weather here, so one box of these lasts me a few years.  Good thing it's in L&L.  Smiley Happy 

All I have is Lipton Decaf tea.

The husband one time went to the store and picked up some tea for me.  I know how this works so I actually took a picture of the box and sent it to his phone, in hopes that he would get the right one.

Well, as one may have already figured out, he showed up with the wrong one anyway.  Oh, it WAS decaf but it was 'Green Tea'.    I thought - ok, I'll give it a go.   That didn't work out.  It tasted like grass, not tea.  Fortunately, he found a good home for the rest of the box of tea with somebody at his office.

Esteemed Contributor

@chickenbutt 

Sounds like my husband.  You can show home the item before he leaves, give him a picture and a written description.  But there still a 50-50 chance that he'll bring home the wrong thing.  

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

@shoesnbags wrote:

@chickenbutt 

Sounds like my husband.  You can show home the item before he leaves, give him a picture and a written description.  But there still a 50-50 chance that he'll bring home the wrong thing.  

Yup!!   I just don't get it.   I've described, given all the words in the title of an item, and sent pics of the exact item and, yeah, 50/50 is about right.  SMH sometimes.

I think they start this stuff as kids where the  mother is telling them to do stuff they don't want to do, so they skrew it up so she'll stop asking them to do it.    It just becomes ingrained.

Don't offer to pick something up for me if you're not going to do it right.  That's the one thing I ask.  Needless to say, I will just go without something until I am going to the store because it's not worth the hassle to deal with having the wrong item.  

Respected Contributor

I have many bags in a glass box I bought at home goods.  Rectangle with a hinged lid.  The rest are in a glass jar.  Most of my bags are wrapped, so I didn’t notice blending.  But, I don’t have tea everyday, probably 50/50 with coffee.  I prefer tea at night though.  I love many flavors of tea.  My second choice would be a lock and lock.  I have way too many tea bags right now.  

Esteemed Contributor

In the boxes they came in....although I don't have that many. I always figure they're well-sealed in those boxes, and it's unlikely they'll dry out or lose their flavor. I'm not a tea afficionado though!

Trusted Contributor

I store my tea bags in a bamboo tea chest/box that I keep on my counter.

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."--Eleanor Roosevelt