Honored Contributor

Re: Where do you store your tea bags?

@house_cat 

Your title gave me a giggle.Cat Wink

Sincerely, a reformed MS teacher.

Cat EmbarassedCat Tongue

Honored Contributor

I buy Israeli couscous and it comes in a clear plastic "jar" - I just remove the label and save the empties and use them for varous items.  

Osem Israeli Couscous Canister, 21.16 Oz, Multicolor

Honored Contributor

@Enufstuff 

I'm having trouble picturing that. If you have time to share a photo, I'd love to see it.

I came across this organizer that I'd once bought for my lingerie drawer, only to find that it was too big for the drawer.  It turns out I have room for it in my breakfast room and it seems to be a good solution.  So far.. I change my mind frequently.

IMG_3657.JPG

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

@house_cat 

Your title gave me a giggle.Cat Wink

Sincerely, a reformed MS teacher.

I have to admit that I wasn't trying to be funny.  Are you saying the kids use "tea bags" as a reference to a particular set of body parts?  If my students used that term, it was lost on me, lol.  That doesn't come as a surprise, since so much of their humor was lost on me!

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

@house_cat 

Spoiler
Check out Urban Dictionary.
Esteemed Contributor

There are some pretty darn stinkin' cute offerings on Etsy!

Everything from personalized wood boxes to on the counter organizers.

Honored Contributor

I have a pantry shelf. I also keep a box of Numi Tea on the counter.  I drink hot tea every morning despite the weather today (100F) I keep them in a pantry.  Cooler weather I make the tea in a tea kettle.  Hot weather, I simply heat up water via the microwave. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

A simple zip loc bag with a slider top.

Push all the air out each time I open it.

Only use it for large gallon batches of iced tea.  

I use two regular sized tea bags in a one quart Loc and Loc tall container full of boiling water.

I steep those bags til the water cools, toss the bags, and that's my "starter" per gallon of iced tea to put in the fridge. Lasts two days usually.

I use half the quantity of the steeped tea in the quart loc and loc for each gallon of iced tea. That's strong enough for me since during a day I will consume that gallon of tea. I REALLY like cold iced tea but don't want it TOO strong since I drink so much!

I buy either the "Family Size" bags ( then I use only ONE bag for my "starter solution" or just a large box of the regular decaf tea bags, and keep them in a ZIp Lox bag after I initally open the box.

I COULD use Loc and Loc I guess, but the Zip Loc squeezes down so nice!!!

I bought two gallons jugs of water to make some tea, and use those empty gallon jugs to keep rotating my tea in the fridge.

Costs PENNIES per gallon. takes 10 minutes to prepare.

I no longer buy bottled teas or diet soda ( too much acid in soda...trying to protect my teeth for the last 30 years of life...long age and original teeth in great condition runs in my family. I 65 now and have a reasonable expectation to live to my 90s as all the other femlaes in  my family have. Males, not so much...they all died at 71. But ALL males died of lung cancer from lifelong smoking.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Othereeeen 

I have a similar system for iced tea, and like you, I drink at least a half gallon each day, which is why i use decaf.  I like it unsweetened. The only thing i drink other that the tea is water. Sometimes, if I'm feeling really wild and crazy, I'll add a bit of lemonade to my tea at dinnertime.

~ house cat ~
Frequent Contributor

Some good ideas here!

A friend gave us a present of a wooden chest with teabag-filled compartments.  When it was empty, we put our new teabags in.  On the counter is a small Pyrex rectangle with the most-used varieties that gets refilled often.