Honored Contributor

Where do you store your tea bags?

In my previous kitchen, I had a large, shallow drawer dedicated for all my boxes of various tea bags.  In my new kitchen, I don't have a drawer available.  I'm curious how other tea drinkers store their teas.

I'd love some clever ideas.

Thank you.

~ house cat ~
Respected Contributor

Re: Where do you store your tea bags?

Do you have a spot in a cubboard or on a pantry shelf? The dollar store has various sizes of bins, etc.

Honored Contributor

@ThinkingOutLoud 

I have more bins and boxes than any human should have, but none of them really suit this situation. I drink tea several times a day and have many varieties. I'd like them to be organized and easy to grab when the mood strikes.  I see lots of tea boxes on Pinterest.  I really don't want to buy another box, but I'm tempted.

~ house cat ~
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

ok - If you have a pantry door, get a clear over-the-door shoe bag (they're not very expensive). Take the teas out of the boxes and put each flavor in it's own pouch/pocket. They would be organized and easy to grab.

Honored Contributor

glass ball jars 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I use my teabags every day, so I keep them handy.  I have a small cart in the kitchen with spices and 2 Lock&Lock containers, one for tea and one for stevia packets. They are flip top containers for easy access.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

DH is the tea drinker. I store the tea bags in the box they came in.I keep the box in the pantry next to the honey, Splenda & coffee pods.

Trusted Contributor

Glass jars in a cabinet now... I have at times kept some tea bags in the fridge.

~love hard~~play hard~~be kind~~~life is short~
Valued Contributor

We haave some in tins and in the boxes they came in and also in some lock n lock.

We have a pretty good amount of tea.

Esteemed Contributor

Mine are all out of their boxes.

Stored as teabags in zip lock type clear bags now, stowed in a box by order of "Best by" date. They're in a cupboard dedicated to dry goods;  pasta, jello, wild rice...

Bonus, they take up a lot less space without the boxes.

I have a big ceramic biscotti jar. I'm thinking of moving the bags of teabags into there.