Honored Contributor

Re: Where do you store your spice jars?

@chickenbutt 

QVC presented a similar item to the one I posted in the OP, but the price seemed unreasonable. I searched on "A" and found it for a lot less money and next day delivery. I bought two.  Perhaps the one I saw on QVC was sturdier, I can't speak to that, but I'm not happy with mine.

@novamc1 

Those little drawer units would fit nicely in my pantry, but I'm not sure if it would bother me having to open the drawer each time.  I often seem to be frantic when I'm cooking, not sure why, lol.

@gidgetgh 

I can't even imagine having only two spices!  Please do tell which two you have.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

@house_cat wrote:

@chickenbutt 

QVC presented a similar item to the one I posted in the OP, but the price seemed unreasonable. I searched on "A" and found it for a lot less money and next day delivery. I bought two.  Perhaps the one I saw on QVC was sturdier, I can't speak to that, but I'm not happy with mine.

@novamc1 

Those little drawer units would fit nicely in my pantry, but I'm not sure if it would bother me having to open the drawer each time.  I often seem to be frantic when I'm cooking, not sure why, lol.

@gidgetgh 

I can't even imagine having only two spices!  Please do tell which two you have.

@house_cat - oregano and paprika, LOL. I live alone so I really don't cook much. Ok, so I really don't cook at all.  Even in my cooking "prime" years ago, I had maybe 5 spices total. While I CAN cook, I just don't. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@house_cat - oregano and paprika, LOL. I live alone so I really don't cook much. Ok, so I really don't cook at all.  Even in my cooking "prime" years ago, I had maybe 5 spices total. While I CAN cook, I just don't. 

Well, good for you!  👍 👍 

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

@SouthernBee wrote:

@house_cat wrote:

I bought two of these spice spinners when I moved into my home last year.  I've since decided that I hate them.  They are flimsy and wonky and don't hold as much as I'd hoped they would. I don't have drawer space for spices, I need to store them in a cabinet. 

Screen Shot 2022-09-21 at 8.45.01 PM.png

Do you have a good system that works for you?

If so, I'd love to know what it is.

Thank you.

@house_cat : I have very small and narrow cabinets and tried everything. This works for me:5DE46666-7CE4-4C64-9417-C4879B4D52A4.jpeg

I have this style as well, @SouthernBee   My dream is a drawer system but I just don't have a drawer I can give up. 

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch : My kitchen is very small and this was better than anything else that I have tried.

Honored Contributor

I kind of like those that just go around the perimeters (back and side) of the cabinet but would have to see if my cabinets are standard or what.  One of the previous owners of my house re-did the kitchen and they do look standard but, hopefully, they supply measurements.  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

magspiceshelf.jpg

~~who/what is responsible for your joy? YOU!~~
Respected Contributor

We have pull-out spice racks on either side of the range.  It's part of the cabinetry.  

Honored Contributor

@house_cat wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

The very large jars in the freezer.  Grocery store size in a handmade spice cabinet.

Oooh... I'd love to see a photo of that

@house_cat 

I painted the front of the spice cabinet made

by 

"Three Mountaineers" a wonderful company located here.  From clothes hampers to salad sets, they had beautiful items.

20220926_204439.jpg

20220926_204506.jpg

Original front

Vintage 1965's Three Mountaineers Inc Herbs Spices Wall Cabinet Rack | eBay

Honored Contributor

@ECBG 

Thank you for taking the time to post pics. It's a lovely cabinet.  I'll show it to my son who does beautiful carpentry work using reclaimed woods.

~ house cat ~