Respected Contributor

Re: Where do you store your spice jars?

[ Edited ]

My kitchen designer tried to think of everything when we redid the kitchen at our previous house.  She  had lazy susan spinners installed on two shelves in each corner cabinet.  Seemed like a good idea at the time.

When it came to storing spices on them, I'd tend to knock over  jars all the time when reaching for them and putting them back.   Didn't enjoy this  system at all while trying to fix a meal.

• On top of that,  spice jars would fall into the dead (wasted) cabinet space that surrounded the spinners.  No fun digging them out of there.

Honored Contributor

@Nonametoday wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

The very large jars in the freezer.  Grocery store size in a handmade spice cabinet.

@ECBG 

Are you large jars made of plastic to keep them from breaking?  Spices don't keep very long so that may be a good idea.  I keep all mine in trays beside my stove.  The small ones on the right-hand side and the large ones on the left-hand side with oils.

@Nonametoday 

Very sorry, I didn't see this!

My 4 to 12 oz spice jars are in the freezer.

Minced garlic, dry by Badia 1.5 lb Dispenser Container

Honored Contributor

@Nonametoday wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

The very large jars in the freezer.  Grocery store size in a handmade spice cabinet.

@ECBG 

Are you large jars made of plastic to keep them from breaking?  Spices don't keep very long so that may be a good idea.  I keep all mine in trays beside my stove.  The small ones on the right-hand side and the large ones on the left-hand side with oils.

@ECBG 

I have both.  I buy those that dissipate quickly in small glass containers and the ones that keep longer, i.e., garlic salt, onion powder, black pepper in large plastic containers. 

Esteemed Contributor

I store mine in YouCopia spice organizers that I purchased on Amazon. I buy glass bottles that come with a wide assortment of pre-printed labels, and blank ones so that you can write your own if needed.😊

YouCopia Adjustable SpiceStack Spice Rack Organizer, 24-Bottle, White

~~~All we need is LOVE💖 

Honored Contributor

@SandySparkles wrote:

I store mine in YouCopia spice organizers that I purchased on Amazon. I buy glass bottles that come with a wide assortment of pre-printed labels, and blank ones so that you can write your own if needed.😊

~~~All we need is LOVE💖 

@SandySparkles 

How many little bottles will that hold?  I always have a lot, maybe 15-20. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Nonametoday wrote:

@SandySparkles wrote:

~~~All we need is LOVE💖 

@SandySparkles 

How many little bottles will that hold?  I always have a lot, maybe 15-20. 

@Nonametoday  It holds 24 jars, as long as they are 4 ounces or less. It is also adjustable.😊

~~~All we need is LOVE💖